8 of cups man

star-lover

why does he look so damn happy at leaving all them cups behind then lol

i dont like this card very much
thought it could mean out of the previous 7 of cups has chosen what he wants and off to find it

dont see it as def meaning has left a relationship behind etc
think it could mean he's off to find himself more so

x

Sophie

He's dressed in a red cloak. He's off to seek passion and meaning in the mountains ;)

Fulgour

XX_X
XXXXX

By their arrangement the Cups show a gap,
which to me signifies the departing fugure.

He doesn't want to be "pigeonholed" so...
but sometimes I wonder ~ has he come to
visit the Cups and is now going back away,
of was he with the Cups and is abandoning
his involvement... it is such a lonely card.

Al Si'ra

I don't see this card as negative..not at all..He's leaving to seek for the ninth cup...the missing part of his soul..the past may have satisfied him up to some degree but then it was only temperory..so he feels the urge to seek for more..but it is always hard to leave the comfort of the past routines and that cosiness of course..the home feeling..that's why the sorrow might arise with this card...

*shifting consciousness* is what comes to my mind whenever i see this card..8 is the end of a karmic cycle..so another one begins with this card..which is hopefully more fulfilling then the last cycle.. :)

:love:

Sophie

Ah, but loneliness is not always negative...It can be a necessary rite of passage - in order to find that 9th cup, as you say, Al Si'ra. The knights errant of old wandered alone very often - at least, in poetry they do - seeking their soul and the love of their Lady.

Thirteen

star-lover said:
why does he look so damn happy at leaving all them cups behind
Because as comfortable and happy as those cups have made him, there's still a dream he needs to fulfill. That's why he's following the moon. This card is about taking a chance--leaving your comfort zone, your safety net, and, yes, the happiness you know to do or find something important to your soul. This is the card of the guy who says, "I've had a happy marriage, raised a family, I've got a good job...but I've always wanted to try my hand at art...."

Well. It's time for him to give it a try. To follow the moon. It's not about being happy, it's about being complete.

firecatpickles

This is one of the cards that frustrated me so much I decided to leave books behind. For the life of me I could not wrap my brain around what this card looked like (when using pips). Leaving what you love behind, loafing around, etc. None of the explanations ever made sense because of a memory block. I do think I can learn from pictures, and if the image pops into my head I will use it to guide me.

I am now looking at my Minchiate 8 of cups. There are two cups, one full the other not so full. These seem to be opposites, male and female. Surrounding them are six empty cups. Seems to me there is some fulfillment but there is a need for more. Limited emotion satisfaction with the need for more. Thinking one's way into acting.

Dean

U.k

I find this card abit sad to look at sometimes, to me it does suggest a time for moving on from something that has lost it's purpose, a relationship or situation etc. When i do get this this card up in a reading it is really telling someone to leave something behind in the past, and move on to find new meaning and happiness somewhere else?

Nevada

He's happy because he's leaving all that emotional baggage behind. I tend to see this as a card of letting go, or of forgiveness, the ability to free up relationships and attention.

People who are secure have enough trust to let the other walk away, or to walk away on their own for a while, or even permanently, in the realization that clinging isn't living.

This is sometimes an anti-jealousy card, IMO. Or about relationships that may be fun but not nurturing, or not really what's best for those involved in the long run.

Sometimes we also need to spend time alone to sort out our feelings.

Nevada

MercyMe

He's following his heart's desire. Leaving behind that which does not satisfy.

--Mercy