9 of pentacles = Trophy Wife???

Wonderwoman

Did several readings for a querent last night and this card came up as the explanation of how the bf feels about her...Could this mean a high state of attraction or that he views her as the trophy wife..(supermodel looks)...Is he dating her just for her looks??

a_shikhs

I think he feels that she is the kind of a woman who has everything. He is attracted to her and finds her beautiful, rich,confident and perfect.

Umm it can also mean that he sort of finds her snooty or a little snobbish maybe..

Thirteen

Windfall not "Trophy"

Wonderwoman said:
Did several readings for a querent last night and this card came up as the explanation of how the bf feels about her...Could this mean a high state of attraction or that he views her as the trophy wife..(supermodel looks)...Is he dating her just for her looks??
Not *just* for her looks. Consider that 9 there--the woman in the comfortable home. This is a bit different from a guy struting around with a sexy woman on his arm, looking to get admiring glances from other men, proving his wealth and power and worth by way of her. The kind of guy who would buy a rare piece of art to show off, or drive an outragously expensive car, all to dominate and prove his manhood.

THAT interpetation would really require something like a King of Wands combined with your 9/Pents.

But 9/Pents on its own is more likely to signify that he likes her looks and feels that he got a real deal--that she's so pretty she could have anyone and it's it cool that HE got her. As compared to him thinking, "I won her, I'm going to show her off!" like a guy with a trophy wife.

Put it another way, if she's a trophy, she's a personal trophy. One he wants kept safe at home for his own enjoyment, not to flash and boast about to others.

I would say that he finds her not only pretty, but wonderfully comfortable to be around and great in bed. 9/Pents is about having comfortable, tasteful weath--not flashy wealth. That's what she is, a woman who is comfortably rich and tasteful, a windfall rather than a "trophy."

His feelings about her include amazment and delight as well as pride. He feels lucky to have her.

zach bender

if I were doing a reading for myself and this came up in a context that said it had to do with my perceptions of the inestimable L., I would say it meant that I see her as being self-disciplined

zb

Bad_Calvin

It could also be that he is proud of her for an accomplishment that she may have achieved.

Agathe

I think he thinks she is just right for him. He feels good with her and who knows maybe she is the one for him.

Wonderwoman

Jackpot

Thirteen, thank you for delving deeper into this. the interesting part is that he appeared on the reading to be having nightmares about their situation which now makes more sense since he might be afraid of losing his "jackpot".

Thirteen said:
Not *just* for her looks. Consider that 9 there--the woman in the comfortable home. This is a bit different from a guy struting around with a sexy woman on his arm, looking to get admiring glances from other men, proving his wealth and power and worth by way of her. The kind of guy who would buy a rare piece of art to show off, or drive an outragously expensive car, all to dominate and prove his manhood.

THAT interpetation would really require something like a King of Wands combined with your 9/Pents.

But 9/Pents on its own is more likely to signify that he likes her looks and feels that he got a real deal--that she's so pretty she could have anyone and it's it cool that HE got her. As compared to him thinking, "I won her, I'm going to show her off!" like a guy with a trophy wife.

Put it another way, if she's a trophy, she's a personal trophy. One he wants kept safe at home for his own enjoyment, not to flash and boast about to others.

I would say that he finds her not only pretty, but wonderfully comfortable to be around and great in bed. 9/Pents is about having comfortable, tasteful weath--not flashy wealth. That's what she is, a woman who is comfortably rich and tasteful, a windfall rather than a "trophy."

His feelings about her include amazment and delight as well as pride. He feels lucky to have her.

Wonderwoman

a_shikhs said:
I think he feels that she is the kind of a woman who has everything. He is attracted to her and finds her beautiful, rich,confident and perfect.

Umm it can also mean that he sort of finds her snooty or a little snobbish maybe..

A_Shikhs, Interesting take, she is a bit standoffish. I saw it immediately but recognize it as a smoke screen.

Grizabella

I think it could also mean that he's attracted to her for her possessions and money. There are (unfortunately) those guys who are "looking for a home" who like to find a self-sufficient, comfortably off woman to latch onto rather than working for the "bennies" themselves. They'd rather enjoy the fruits of someone else's labors.

Wonderwoman

Lyric said:
I think it could also mean that he's attracted to her for her possessions and money. There are (unfortunately) those guys who are "looking for a home" who like to find a self-sufficient, comfortably off woman to latch onto rather than working for the "bennies" themselves. They'd rather enjoy the fruits of someone else's labors.

Lyric, lucky for this supermodel-looking gal, he's the one thats got all the $$$. She, being drop dead gorgeous, inquired wether he wanted her exclusively for her alluring beauty and nothing else. In the spread, there was a sign of distress from him (9 of swords) which led me to believe that he was worried about perhaps losing his "jackpot" lady.
I will keep in mind the Gold Digger anecdote for future readings. :)