9 of pentacles = Trophy Wife???

Thirteen

Wonderwoman said:
Lyric, lucky for this supermodel-looking gal, he's the one thats got all the $$$. She, being drop dead gorgeous, inquired wether he wanted her exclusively for her alluring beauty and nothing else. In the spread, there was a sign of distress from him (9 of swords) which led me to believe that he was worried about perhaps losing his "jackpot" lady.)
9/Swords could be the the gold-digger fear in reverse given that he has the $$$--perhaps he fears that she wants him only for his money?

That he has money is telling--it indicates that he feels she goes with his wealth. I don't mean just in looks, because as I said before, the 9/Pents is usually about the whole enchilada, not just good looks.

It much more likely that he thinks she's got it ALL: beauty, talent, taste, intelligence. Absolutely a "jackpot"--not just a mere trophy. And given that, it's no wonder if he's having all sorts of insecurities and anxious dreams about not being able to hold onto her--and his good fortune in netting her.

Wonderwoman

She's All That :)

You're right, even with all his $$$, he still fears being left out in the cold emotionally since She is All That.

Thirteen said:
9/Swords could be the the gold-digger fear in reverse given that he has the $$$--perhaps he fears that she wants him only for his money?

That he has money is telling--it indicates that he feels she goes with his wealth. I don't mean just in looks, because as I said before, the 9/Pents is usually about the whole enchilada, not just good looks.

It much more likely that he thinks she's got it ALL: beauty, talent, taste, intelligence. Absolutely a "jackpot"--not just a mere trophy. And given that, it's no wonder if he's having all sorts of insecurities and anxious dreams about not being able to hold onto her--and his good fortune in netting her.

Keigh

I often see the 9 of pents as a woman who doesn't NEED anyone else. She is perfectly happy in her own garden. Perhaps he feels that a bit intimidated by the fact that his feelings or NEED of her is stronger than her feelings are for him (that would be his insecurity talking).

Umbrae

The position of this card, is "How he feels about her", so regardless of how she may really be, or act...none of that matters. it's about what he see's, it is his illusion of her. And he sees perfection.

Keigh

Umbrae said:
The position of this card, is "How he feels about her", so regardless of how she may really be, or act...none of that matters. it's about what he see's, it is his illusion of her. And he sees perfection.
Yes, but does he also see her as somewhat aloof or at least as someone who may want but not actually NEED him?

gorgeousbutterfly

that is a very good point umbrae :). i don't see this women as a trophy wife or perfect if she is after his money or even thought of being with him because he has alot of money, that shouldn't matter!! just my perspective.

Umbrae

Keigh said:
...does he also see her as somewhat aloof or at least as someone who may want but not actually NEED him?
Oooooo as in something that he knows he cannot have (we always want the most expensive thing on the menu)…good call.

Thirteen

Umbrae said:
Oooooo as in something that he knows he cannot have (we always want the most expensive thing on the menu)…good call.
Heh. Other way around for me. The thing I want on the menu somehow always turns out to be the most expensive ;)

Wonderwoman

Umbrae said:

Thanks Umbrae, I always enjoy your interpretations :)