A Card a Day of Sacred Circle

BlueLotus

I was not aware that I turned some of my Sacred Circle cards around, so I was kind of taken back when I drew a Queen of Swords, entitled Imagination reversed.
Anyway, she is not my favorite queen or court card, let alone her coming in reverse, because I think that she may come on as scheming, and sometimes mentally abusive, and opportunistic.
But since I don't have anyone to depict her at the moment, I take it that she may be telling me something about myself.
Maybe I should stop the negative string of thoughts ( which I admit I had been doing a lot of lately) and/or any debilitating thought and to keep my imaginative ideas as practical as possible, otherwise they will turn in.
That was just my intake of her.

Kazz

Hi Feebie,
The Queen of Swords to me can represent your mother (or querent's mother)...majority of the time anyway......just something else to think about:D

Cheers
Kazz

starsongs

March 15, 10 of Discs, Tradition

10 discs are arranged in a triangle formation on a green landscape. 3 large birds (crows?) are in flight. The sky has billowy clouds and there is a purple hue.

The card seemed really peaceful as well as structured and balanced to me...

I decided to read the book on this card to find out about the birds..they are Rooks, (I think the same family with crows). Crow is an animal in my own personal medicine wheel, so immdeiately I felt a connection. It also said this card may concern the creation of something that can be passed down to future generations. That is the aspect that seemed to best apply.

I'm involved (with quite a few others) in starting a local chapter of a national astrology organization and was at a meeting tonight to discuss some things, so felt this card was really appropriate.

starsongs

sharon

March 15 - 10 of Discs

Hi All,

*Hi, Starsongs - SNAP! (Who gets the cards? :) ) Hope the astrology meeting went well.

Yesterday, this was my card of the day. In contrast to starsongs,
what i wanted to do was get past the discs, follow the path up between the hills to where the rooks were flying and see what was beyond the horizon.

One of the reversed meanings given in the book is to wake up and use your intellect and imagination - this seemed to fit accurately with my feelings about the card yesterday.

Regards, Sharon.

sharon

March 16 - The Tower

The card shows a tower which is being hit by lightening and is being destroyed from within by fire. The sky is purple and a full moon is shining brightly in a purple sky.

(i think the tower is from glendalough in ireland - a place i have visited.)

Following on from my feelings about the 10 of discs yesterday, the message seems to me to be reinforced and that it could be a positive thing for me to do.

Regards, Sharon.

Phoenyx*

March 16th, 2004: 8 of Cups - Abandonment...

I don't know, I don't get any feelings from this card. The cups in the air seem to resemble waves to me today, the ivy interlaces them. I think its trying to tell me to go with the flow, instead of fighting against the current like I was yesterday, and reinforces that message. I hope it isn't as difficult a day as it was yesterday....*double sigh*

Perhaps to abandon the safety of my book knowledge and let my intuition flow.

BlueLotus

Illumination

Another court card, the Queen of Wands.
This is the most independent, but impulsive of all queens. She is confident, friendly, warm, but can also be a bit bossy.
She is energetic, practical, imaginative and creative.
I may be carrying, or should in fact carry, those traits today, as I try to figure out a way of making ends meet.
Well ......,today I took an impulsive decision to sell my car for the first bidder ,to the dismay of my son, and we exchanged some angry words ( quick-tempered ), but I will go through with my decision ( strong will ...) , willing to deal with the consequences.........she arranges her world with a sure touch !

mj07

The Star

AGAIN, today I got the star. I think the universe is trying to tell me to not give up hope, that there is guidance available to me shining out of the darkness!

Nitegoddess

march 16.. The Lady

Well its been a hectic day .. we have been bombed with snow.

the first thing I am drawn too is the sun.. how bright and vibrant it is (maybe because i wish it would shine here! :)).. then my eyes were drawn to the cornicopia.. how beautiful and full it is. .. Then lastly the moon how clear an gorgeous the sky looks with the moonlight...
I see this card a new creative works.. which fits in my life
I also see that I will be harmonious with others in the creative endeavor... Like this site.. it has worked out beautifully and everyone is always so positive.

Red Emma

Sacred Circle, QS

Further thoughts on the queen of swords.

I usually envision an upright queen of swords as someone like Hilary Clinton or Queen Elizabeth I of England. Strong, energetic, maybe a touch aggressive -- a no-nonsense female leader.

I don't add Eleanor Roosevelt to this list because she had additional qualities of the queen of wands and queen of cups. Perhaps Senator Clinton does as well. I just haven't seen them.

Queen of swords reversed -- easy. Lady MacBeth and my mother-in-law.