A King's Journey

Chanel

We are getting closer to our release date, and I'd thought I'd share our project with you :)

http://www.akingsjourneytarot.com

It's based on the Fool's Journey theme carried through the cards and I have added the fifth element, the suit of spirit. I would love some feedback. We've had very good feedback so far, and I know some are very anxiously waiting to purchase!

I'll keep you up to date for the release!

Blessings,

Chanel

shadowdancer

well, I am glad I stopped by your site. They look fantastic. Please, please keep us posted. Not just with release dates but order details etc. And a huge congratulations on creating this. You have every right to be proud

Davina

shadowdancer

seriously to members out there, this is worth checking out. I am already thinking this is has potential to be a great reading deck. Some great characterisation, and some really interesting scenarios to make you think you want to jump in and be part of the story. Having an additional suit is so refreshing.

Davina

eta I saw you were not including titles or numbers on the cards. Personally I would be fine with that, but wondered if that is the final plan, and if so, what are your reasons behind this?

Again - good luck. I really like this.

Susanne Röttges

i like it, too i wish you much luck for it

Chanel

Thank you so much for your kind remarks!

We are getting everything together right now to launch our orders :) Possibly in a week! I'll keep you informed! :)

Chanel

shadowdancer said:
seriously to members out there, this is worth checking out. I am already thinking this is has potential to be a great reading deck. Some great characterisation, and some really interesting scenarios to make you think you want to jump in and be part of the story. Having an additional suit is so refreshing.

Davina

eta I saw you were not including titles or numbers on the cards. Personally I would be fine with that, but wondered if that is the final plan, and if so, what are your reasons behind this?

Again - good luck. I really like this.

Thank you.. :)

I didn't put numbers and borders on the deck because I didn't want to distract the reader from the intuitive impressions on the cards. I created this deck in a way to help trigger intuition and have the cards play out a story.. a scene. When I read, I see the 'movie' playing in the cards, but I find the borders often distracting. I wanted a deck that would open up the opportunity for every reader.

I also created this deck to be a reflection of real life. I want the reader and querent to be able to jump right in the deck and understand the emotions behind the experience portrayed on the cards. I wanted it to be an emotional experience rather than just a picture on a card. I read through energy, and what better than feeling the emotions through the cards so the reading can be understood on a deeper level.

I've been contacted by many who immediately connect with the cards intuitively and still others that see great potential in this deck as a meditative or creative writing experience. It's a versatile deck, and I'm really pleased of what we have created.

I hope you will also find it a beneficial addition to your collection :)

shadowdancer

thanks for that Chanel. :) :)

Will there be titles at all, or just images with no labelling at all?

Also, do you know what will be happening with the book you had a * next to on your webpage? Just my wee opinion here, but I think a lot of the images have so much going on. In some ways reading the story behind them, or descriptions of what is included and why etc, (I have no idea how the book is written so am just guessing here....lol) would make for a very valid read. I tend to ignore most LWB's as the key words don't really enhance how I see the imagery if that makes sense, but I do acknowledge they are valid in their own right for a lot of deck users. A well written and entertaining book makes oodles of difference, even though it will not be long term reference material in many cases.

I can certainly see the deck would be one creative writers would find beneficial. I do resonate with decks that seem to have emotion and personality shine through with the characters. I have noticed my sitters also feel comfortable with those decks because they too can relate, see what is going on etc and know I am not just spouting anything that comes into my head :D

Only a week or so to go with orders eh. Well, good luck. I know there haven't been many comments here yet (come on peeps, where are you all....lol) and I am hoping it does pique some interest.

Davina

Chanel

Thanks so much for your support!! :)

I'm working on the book right now :) So far, it will feature the card image, keywords, Meaning of uprights and reversals and I'm working towards (depending on how it works) but including a story as well. I think the story would be lots of fun! I have made a couple of new spreads that will be in the book as well. :)

I'm planning on having the book be spiral bound, although that may change.. Since it's not finished, I'm not sure what the actual final product will look like. I will not have a LWB, but only because this will be offered as a limited edition that will include the book. Totally excited about it!

I'd love to hear from more in the community :)

shadowdancer

a wee bump in case this has been missed by some members who might find it interesting

Davina

Alta

Not sure how I missed this deck. What a wonderful story-telling deck, so involving.