A neat practice

Taamar

I've been needing more experience with some of my decks, and came up with an idea: I go into a chat forum and offer single card readings to anyone who posts a question. Wow, it's been a great way to get to know an unfamiliar deck, and to get an idea of whether it's going to read 'gentle' or 'no-nonsense'.

So this afternoon I was doing a reading and the woman asked "When will I have a baby?" and I drew the 5 of Swords (Robin Wood deck) and replied "The 5 of Swords is the card of thieves. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like it may just not be 'in the cards' for you. " She then admitted that it had been a test question, that she always asks new readers and usually gets a hopeful "Oh, soon, be patient!". Her tubes are tied.

Alta

Good for you! And that is why not all tarot replies have to be 'nice' or soothing.

kwesifriends

Oh, that was close.

hopena

I thought about doing this, earlier this year, when I found out about a chat website... I had no webcam running, so people kept clicking out before I could say anything, though.

prettypiscesmom

LOVE IT!!!

Great idea.... maybe I'll try this...

Trying to get back into the swing of reading for other people.....

Taamar

I was actually surprised at how easy it was. The down side is the number of "I don't believe in that bullshit" posts I get. No "You're going to hell, satan spawn!" yet, though.

prettypiscesmom

Lol at the satan spawn comment....

Funny how close-minded people are... i would never dream of condoning something I knew nothing about & never even experienced....

I used to work as a bartender for the Olive Garden & I remember when one of the (older) guy servers overheard someone asking me for another reading.... he was SO shocked. he kept saying over and over he couldn't believe I did that because I always seemed so practical.....

He avoided me for awhile, but curiousity got the better of him I suppose & he asked me for a reading concerning some custody issues that occured with his daughter....

The reading was very accurate & he viewed the tarot with different eyes after that : )

I should mention though, once he saw me with an "Herb magic for beginners" book he started being nicer (he is a moody artist by nature) He used to always tell me not to put a "hex" on him LOL!!!!!

tarotreader2007

prettypiscesmom said:
i would never dream of condoning something I knew nothing about & never even experienced....

At first I thought you meant to say "condemning" and then realized how true it is for both...at least for me :)

Sigh...I guess it is up to those of us open-minded people of the world to explore the uncharted and dream of less "practical" things. Such a burden sometimes, don't you think?

Peace and Love