Advice/value of a deck (J. Noblet)

decan

Hi everyone,
I have the Jean Noblet Tarot (Majors only); it is the Hand stencilled version of the Noblet Tarot by J.C Flornoy (there is a number on it, so it is a limited edition)
My deck is like-new (cards and box) because I didn't use it (actually I'm not wild of TdM decks generally).

Currently I'm not completely decided to sell it, but I have no idea concerning the price at which I can sell it.
According to you, what is the right price with regard to this deck at present?
Thanks!

starlightexp

I think that the set originally ran about 40EUR and I know pops up every now and then online for about that.

decan

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. Honestly I don't remember how much I paid for this deck. I just looked at it this morning, and saw there is a number on the LWB. It was made in june 2001, ... it's been a while!

starlightexp

That HAS been a while. I think it's only been OOP for a short while. Majors only decks are a certain type of collector because most people want a full 78 to play with. It's a beautiful deck but I wish the colors were not so .. deep I guess is the right word

decan

Actually I could be interested, but nevertheless it could be my best interest to wait, 40 Euros isn't enough for a limited edition like new.
But thank you for your interest starlightexp!!

decan

I just saw your update. I add with this post a photo to show the condition of my deck and its colors.
It's actually Majors only, but it is a special version.

Attachments

• Noblet-3.jpg
    Noblet-3.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 141

PathWalker

Realistically, no matter how wonderful we think one of our decks might be - they are only worth what someone will pay on the day.

If you hope to become rich via your decks I think you might be saddened.

Best wishes
PathWalker

decan

Hi,
I haven't too much decks, so if I want to become rich with them I think things would be difficult, Lol
This one a bit special and I really had no idea with regard to a possible price.
Well I don't think it is like gold, it is just to have an idea of a honest price if I sell it (not sure)

You said: "they are only worth what someone will pay on the day."
Yes, in a way, but I am not completely agree here, I think there are some landmarks

starlightexp

I'm not saying this is you but, I get what PathWalker is saying. Too often people by these 'china doll' decks such as LE decks from MRP or others and place them in the 'investment' section of their collection in hopes that they will go up much like the Beanie Baby back in the 90s'. My personal philosophy on this is that if I can at least sell it for what I paid for it then I'm happy. I got to play with a little piece of art, call it mine, and it didn't really cost me anything. What can happen is that people by rare decks on the secondary market at a huge markup and then the deck fall out of fashion or gets reprinted and now they are stuck with a $$$$ block of paper. Famously the $2000 Alchemical deck on e-bay comes to mind. I feel so bad for the person that bought that because now that deck goes for less then $100.

The more decks that come out the more diluted the collector pool becomes and the less known a deck can become and just because it was printed in the 70s' and is OOP doesn't mean that people will clamor for it now. Only a handful of decks truly hold a great value. Even the MRP decks have taken a dive from their $1000 highs. I can only thing of maybe a dozen decks that have retained their huge asking price on the secondary market.

Keep the deck our of love, use it because it speaks to you, cherish it and it will be of great worth.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

As a reminder, trades should only be arranged through the Tarot Trading forum as Aeclectic's management can provide some recourse for those transactions if needed. Trades that are handled through PM are done at the risk of the two people involved in the trade and have no recourse through Aeclectic if things go wrong.

decan, if you wish to sell your deck here on Aeclectic, you should start a thread in Tarot Trading since you are a Subscriber.

Please PM me if you have any questions about this matter.