* Affect of color of storage bag on cards energies?

Chimera Dust

I don't think it has an effect, personally. I believe that it's possible if, say, you're using a colour that makes you so uncomfortable that you're distracted every time you take out your cards. I think you should just choose whatever colours you like.

Other than that, it's really up to your own personal beliefs and what spiritual meanings (if any) you associate with certain colours.

I'm careful with the materials I use (for quality/ethical reasons) but other than that, I don't care very much. I also enjoy matching up the bags with decks that remind me of that same colour, for example, but that's just because I like things to look nice.

ana luisa

I also believe you should feel happy about the choice of bag and color you dress your decks in. I have a very good friend and amazing cartomancer. His cards are kept in a tube sock -which has never stopped him nor them to give many people amazing readings. For him, as long as the cards are protected, it'll be fine. ;)

ScarlettQofW

Thank you - to all who replied! Ravenest…interesting on that "color is a perception" thing…so true! I mean…if someone was colorblind they wouldn't be asking this question!
I appreciate everyone's feedback because I've been shopping for bags & wanted to see if there was anything I should know. :)
What about crystals…does anyone pack crystals with their cards? Does it matter/help?

nisaba

What about crystals…does anyone pack crystals with their cards? Does it matter/help?

No.

There are two things about crystals. They're lumpy, and sometimes scratchy, so damage may happen to your cards.

If you are thinking about cleansing your cards with them, make sure the crystal is cleansed first! Nothing worse than your deck picking up negative energy from a rock which has previously picked it up.

ScarlettQofW

good point Nisaba!

ThunderWolf

So Thunderwolf, are you saying you use certain colors for particular purposes?

I'm not saying that I do. I don't really see any need to. If I did I certainly would though. (Of course, if you want to go OT and speak of using colors for other purposes such as candle magick, that would be different. Tarot cloths could easily be used similarly if desired though.)

Chimera Dust

Where crystals are concerned, my first reaction is the same as Nisaba. I think that you could prevent damage if you were keeping your deck and the crystal in a large enough box that they could be side-by-side (as long as you weren't moving it other taking the deck out so it'd be sitting on a shelf, for example) or a padded bag with more than one pocket. I still wouldn't do it, it doesn't seem very practical to me since I like to be able to take my decks everywhere, and most bags don't have those features.

JONIKA

Interesting thoughts!! :)

November's Dawn

I'm using black velvet drawstring pouches for my decks couse black is neutral color and protects them from unwanted energies, and also my favorite color. Never had any problem with it. Can be because I have dark decks so black fits them perfectly.

Grizabella

The only effect color may have on decks that live with me is that they help me remember which deck is in which bag. For instance, I have the Jane Austen deck in a kind of powedery antique blue that matches the book I have with her stories in it. I have my New Orleans Voodoo Tarot in a tribal print bag specially made for it by a friend and it has a pocket on the outside to put a crystal in. My Robin Wood is in a similar but tye dyed bag with a crystal pocket. Etc, etc. If the decks get moved around into different bags, I lose track and just have to sort through to find what I want and I don't like that. Otherwise, no effect on the deck itself. Just on me.