Ahhhh!!! I hate it!!!!! [Fairy Ring Oracle]

bighairymonster

Ahhhh!!! I hate it!!!!!

I hate the Fairy Ring Oracle!!! I hate it I hate it!!!! Raaaaahhhhhhh....!!!! I went through so many posts at this forum, hearing all praise and what-not about this deck. Then my friend got it for me (so to save international postage) and when I got it, I was so disappointed!!!

The cards are on plain cardboard, no protection from damages due to ordinary shuffling...the people looks as though the heads were cut off and pasted badly on to the bodies...

Waaaaaahhhhhh...you all lied to me!!! :p :p

Tarotphelia

Well- this is a very auspicious first post !

If it is any consolation , I got the Froud Faeries Oracle everybody gushes over & booted it out the door as fast as I could . Absolutely loathed it.

Tarotphelia

HOLMES

lordy tarot,

that reply made me laugh...

it is true i heard the oracle go flying all the way to canada where i lived.

for the fairy oracle i love it ,, it is not as vibrant as i thought it would be ,, but it grows on you ( thanks qolous)

as for the fairy ring oracle. i never lied to you ,, but i would of ,, i want that deck since i seen the preview on aeclectic tarot,,
see my reply to you trade plea . ?

however it is custumary for a new member to go make an introduction on the new members section,
so please come to the new members section so we can welcome you with open arms

Sea Sprite

If you're ready to get rid of it; post it on the trading boards. ;)

rostie

:( i'm sorry for you!

but if you don't want it anymore: i'm candidate too!!! :D

:) btw: a very warm welcome here and love your name, lol

Aoife

It's been my impression that people's opinions and feelings about The Fairy Ring Oracle are varied.

Now the "Faeries Oracle" by Brian Froud, that's a different matter! I perceived tremendous enthusiam from those that were using it - I 'caught' the excitement...... and very glad I am too!

Khatruman

The Fairy Ring, to me, is a more historic fairy deck. If you want fantastical, pretty little shining things, it isn't for you. But if you want to get into the true Celtic fairy lore, it is very good.

By the way, opinions are opinions; they are neither truth nor lie. If you take others likes and dislikes, be sure you know the tastes of those whose opinions you take. I just read the rave review for the Golden Dawn Tarot, and I am thinking, Is that the same deck with the amateurish artwork that I have????

Peace!

Faerie Lin

Hahahaha! That post was cute! You seem like you have a fun personality!

Anyhow, I know what ya mean, but for me both decks (the fairy ring and faeries' oracle) grew on me. I didn't like the way the characters' heads and bodies were either, kinda reminded me of that silly blow up/expand effect you can do on the computer to people's faces just to be silly. But I think for me the book really took over in my head and the cards seem a bit better to me.

I'm sure you'll get a trade if you put it in the trade section! :)

Lin

Jewel

Khatruman said:
The Fairy Ring, to me, is a more historic fairy deck. If you want fantastical, pretty little shining things, it isn't for you. But if you want to get into the true Celtic fairy lore, it is very good.

I agree full-heartedly with this comment. In reading other books on the Celtic Fey I have continued to gain appreciation of this deck as some of the distorted images do match with the descriptions I have read. I really like both Faery decks for very different reasons, but as others have stated that was simply my opinion. If I mislead you in any way I am trully sorry. Looks like you already have some candidates to trade it so trade it away for something you will like better. Good luck with your trade.

bighairymonster

I was only joking about the "you all lied to me" bit. :p

Well, I really was quite disappointed, but maybe it's the theory of "the higher your expectations, the higher your disappointment". :)

Well, hope someone take this off my hands...posted in the trades section already.

*scribbles funny pictures over everyone's decks and skips off into the sunset, with the dog biting on his trousers.*