Amazed by the effectiveness of tarot

Reverie

Hi folks!

I have been reading since possibly before 2004 and I just want to say that over 10 years later, I am still baffled by how much it works!

Where can I find the threads on the mechanics of tarot/what's behind it?

I remember reading that someone said it had to do with the energy in your hands.

Anyway, I don't know whether the cards we see influence the way we act, or if it really is predictive, or both, but it's certainly an amazingly accurate tool.

For example, if someone has decided to not talk to me anymore, the cards will consistently reflect that, no matter how often I ask.

Can anyone relate?

Tanga

Tarot is uncanny. 20 years later for me - it's still uncanny. In what it reveals and what effects it has - even when unrelated to the original "question".

Is it the subconscious mind in revelation? Is it messages from the angels? is it your spirit guides whispering in your ear? your "Higher Self" talking? Demons that have decided to "enable" you? Is it magick?
???
When people ask - I tell them it's the subconscious - but in my opinion it's all of the above, depending on what one believes, and giving space for all things that as yet - we have no proof/explanation for.

:) :) :)

Here's my round-up answer:
"Tarot is: A beautiful framework that facilitates the exploration of the subconscious mind. It draws into the conscious realm, insights, possibilities and avenues of action that can be useful, inspirational and fun for the querent. It adds greater colour and magic to life!"
- by Tanga Okondo.

Barleywine

Forty-plus years for me, and I also see it as "opening a window into the subconscious," through the medium of astral communication, for lack of a better working hypothesis. It seems to operate on the same level as creative visualization, where we each "make our own reality," and could be seen as an agent of that force, which ideally can serve as an inspiration for positive change. I'm not one for divine intervention since I'm not sure Deity is interested enough in us on a personal basis to bother. Pure psychism is also a possibility, and personally I think that's what is at work in "remote" reading where the querent isn't present and doesn't interact with the cards. Nothing wrong with that, but it's "more" than card-reading, and is vulnerable to distortion through tapping your own (the reader's) intuition or imagination for meaning.

Lycanthropos

My wife is a teacher, and as part of graduation, the seniors have to do an exit presentation that lasts around 20 minutes. This year one of the student teams (2 students) did their presentation on tarot. LOL She was texting me from the school telling me about it. They presented mathematical statistics, Jungian psychology and lots of other information. For me, I quit trying to figure it out. I decided I probably would never have the answer, if there is one answer, and did it really matter? It works, I enjoy it, I get a lot out of it and the people I read for tell me they get a lot out of it, so I just let it be.

Gulliver

Hi Lycanthropos!

I'm sooo curious. Please could you tell us, what was the result of the mathematical statistics?

AnemoneRosie

I've wondered this as well, on an off. It never ceases to give me a chill when I get feedback from a client about how I was spot on with a reading and how they JUST wrote about the second lover that I predicted in their diary, or managed to tell a client that what they are experiencing as regret is actually grief only to discover that oh, when they think about, that's exactly what's going on.

I think that there are a few things going on. I think that synchronicity is part of it (there's Jung for you) and I think that part of it is the human brain's tendency to make connections between things even if there are none directly.

But I also don't want to question it too much. I don't want it get spooked and leave me, whatever it is.

ravenest

Tarot is uncanny. 20 years later for me - it's still uncanny. In what it reveals and what effects it has - even when unrelated to the original "question".

Is it the subconscious mind in revelation? Is it messages from the angels? is it your spirit guides whispering in your ear? your "Higher Self" talking? Demons that have decided to "enable" you? Is it magick?
???
When people ask - I tell them it's the subconscious - but in my opinion it's all of the above, depending on what one believes, and giving space for all things that as yet - we have no proof/explanation for.

:) :) :)

Here's my round-up answer:
"Tarot is: A beautiful framework that facilitates the exploration of the subconscious mind. It draws into the conscious realm, insights, possibilities and avenues of action that can be useful, inspirational and fun for the querent. It adds greater colour and magic to life!"
- by Tanga Okondo.

Great definition ! :)

EvMaeve

Uncanny is the right word! 14 Years, and I've fallen into the "I don't know how it works, only that it DOES" camp. I'm okay with letting it be mysterious.