American version Oracle of the Shapeshifters

Celtictarot

Thank you very much for posting the video link! I believe the author of the video is the same person who also did the video on the differences of the Oracle of Shadows and Light?

I'm so happy that I've got the Australian version on the way. For example, I didn't know about the card backs of the US version before this video. I think they're okay (winged frogs, why not), but they simply don't fit in with the energy of the deck.
For some reason, a lot of the new US cards seem to have girls with rather broad faces, probably to make them look cuter, whereas the Australian version looks more natural to me - see the Golden Phoenix, for example, or The Delicate Faery And Her Ferret(s). The author of the video says that she feels that the US version is more coherent in terms of artwork, but I disagree. For me, not all, but several of the changed cards really stick out. And although I'm happy with my version of the Oracle of Shadows and Light, I'm still struggling with some of the cards that were changed. And it's a pity that they took the darker cards out of the deck.

And another good reason for the Australian version: I don't care about the increased animal variety, I want more wolves and phoenixes! ;)

Yeah it is the exact same person for the difference with the Shadows and light oracle.

I agree with you with the backs of the US deck, it just doesn't seem to sit right. I prefer the art of the Oz deck as pat and parcel of "Shapeshifting" is that it is slightly more darker when you take in account warewolves. I have a person animal totem of the wolf, so this deck was right up my street. I am so glad I got the Australian versions of both decks.

Also I am noticing that with the US deck of shapeshifters, whereas the border is smaller on that deck, you can see it on the backs. Plus it doesn't suit the energy of the deck's purpose to deal with the more darker aspects of life, which to me is the deck's charm!

JenWt43

I just thought I would join in, and say that the differences in these versions drive me bananas also. :) I got lucky with my original Dragonfae. Then I had to order the Australian version of Shapeshifters from Blue Angel, shipped to the US (pricey!). I would still like to have the Oracle of Shadows and Light, but of course, I really want the Australian version again, and not the US version. :( Augh. I wish they would sell the original version in the US!

Juliana

I'd check eBay if you can for the Australian version. I lucked out once on getting the Australian version of the Oracle is Shadows and Light here in the US off of eBay. And it ended up being cheaper than getting the version shipped from Australia. Didn't get so lucky with the Australian version of the Shapeshifter, but it is worth a try!

Mermaid Queen

Parents of "teens", would you buy the U.S or Aus version?

This is SERIOUSLY f***ing pissing me OFF! I was really looking forward to the Aus "Midnight Dreary" fairy but I nearly shouted "WTF!" when I found out that they took out that photo.

You don't have to guess which version I'm getting! :p

Plus the mermaid photos (from the vid someone posted on here) aren't even "dark". At least to me.

Want "dark mermaids"? Go watch the POC: On Stranger Tides <.<

*Sighs deeply* I need to calm down.

Edit: I took out two or three sentences. I was really mad; I still am but I've calmed down. Some.

:p

toj

I did not know that this one had changed too. I feel lucky to have gotten the Australian version by accident at a local store. The decks are cheap enough that if they still have the original version, which I think they do, I should grab it since this is my favorite of the Cavendish oracles. I am happy to have found a copy of the Aussie version of the Dragonfae Oracle at cost instead of double the price through other venders on eBay.

Miss Divine

I see I'm not alone in this. Well guys, be prepared to have people get angry with you for having your own opinion. Like I said, there are certain people that think some of these authors (in this case Lucy) are saints. They get very pissed off if you say anything negative about any of their products. Well I don't care... I have a mind of my own and I have the right to express my opinion. Anyone that has a problem with it can kiss my @$$. Fact is, the american version of this deck SUCKS!

queenxofxwands

Being from Australia, i am curious to know, what price they charge for shipping a deck of cards? As you have been talking about...

Mermaid Queen

I see I'm not alone in this. Well guys, be prepared to have people get angry with you for having your own opinion. Like I said, there are certain people that think some of these authors (in this case Lucy) are saints. They get very pissed off if you say anything negative about any of their products. Well I don't care... I have a mind of my own and I have the right to express my opinion. Anyone that has a problem with it can kiss my @$$. Fact is, the american version of this deck SUCKS!

Seriously?!?!? They get pissed? O.O

Being from Australia, i am curious to know, what price they charge for shipping a deck of cards? As you have been talking about...

Do you mean the U.S version? Or the Aus?

Miss Divine

Seriously?!?!? They get pissed? O.O

Yep, should've seen my FB messages a little while back. The song ''Follow the Leader'' always comes to mind when it comes to people like this. They always agree with and follow the large crowd because they have no back bone. Glad I'm not one of 'em!