Anne Stokes Gothic

Essjay

I'm still to be convinced on this one I think.

However, completely off-topic, nice ruff Le Fanu :D

Red_Ocean

Is this deck available in the states yet?

gregory

It is if bought from alida :) Who are lovely !

Le Fanu

I'm still to be convinced on this one I think.

However, completely off-topic, nice ruff Le Fanu :D
Thank you. I'm not convinced either tbh. However, I have to say, it is cited on Adam McClean's website as a new release and the few scans included (10th-ish deck down) make it look more enticing than any scans I have seen anywhere else!

Elendil

Thank you. I'm not convinced either tbh. However, I have to say, it is cited on Adam McClean's website as a new release and the few scans included (10th-ish deck down) make it look more enticing than any scans I have seen anywhere else!

That is the Alchemy Tarot (aka Alchemy 1977 England Tarot) not the Anna Stokes Gothic, LF.

ETA: More images from The Alchemy Tarot are on my blog as the deck has been my Deck of the Week this week - last day today.

Le Fanu

That is the Alchemy Tarot (aka Alchemy 1977 England Tarot) not the Anna Stokes Gothic, LF.
Damn! I keep doing this!

It's no use fighting it; this deck and the Alchemy 1977 are just sort of merged into a samey muchness in my mind. Not a good sign!

Elendil

BTW: Just looked through the Anne Stokes again (now my Alchemy is boxed up and stored) and the suit of Wands DOES feature dragon court cards. The suit itself, although labelled, Wands, is a suit of dragons. Knave, Knight and King are actual dragons - The Queen of Wands has a small dragon perched on her shoulder. Pip cards are non-scenic - so the dragons on the 2 -10 of Wands are dragon-shaped medallions.

E.

ETA: As if that wasn't enough, there are lots of dragons in the Majors too including Fool,Lovers, Chariot, Strength and Hermit...

rwcarter

My pre-order from Amazon shipped early and arrived today. I also have her 2012 Dragon Calendar. The Fool is April's picture, the Lovers is February, the Hermit is August, the Knave Wands is October, Knight Wands is November and King Wands is July. Not sure how I feel about that....

The deck is populated with all manner of creatures - dragons, fairies, ghouls, people, mythical creatures, etc. The Star, Moon ad Sun are all unicorns. Ace Cups is a female vampire. Each pip has a goblet likely filled with blood, but the suit symbol (what changes within the suit) appears to be bats. Pentacles' suit symbol is skulls, Swords' is feathers and Wands' is a dragon emblem.

Cups and Swords both have three female Courts (Knave, Knight and Queen) while the Pentacles Court is ghouls (the Queen has a ghoul standing behind her) and the Wands Court is 3 dragons and the Queen.

The Emperor looks to me like a little bit older (and hotter, which I didn't think was possible) Legolas from the Lord of the Rings movies.

The LWB appears to be customized to the deck. I wish the cards were bigger, but that's usually a given with me.

Rodney

annik

I've got this deck today (along with some other tarot). I've browse through her deck and I wasn't that impressed with it. I had feel that there was a few cards that I could trace the inspiration elsewhere. The picture are nice but nothing revolutionary. I will keep it and look more closely at it later. But I think I will keep it more because it fell into one of the theme that I collect. I don't say it isn't a pretty deck, I just feel a bit neutral toward it right now. It may change later on.