Anne Stokes Gothic

redflash

Just seen Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot online, gorgeous looking deck ! Don't know about readability, is anyone using it on here ?

redflash

Ah just realised it's just coming out.

Hemera

Oooh, I´m most interested. I love her artwork.
Maybe the local mods will allow a link if you´ve got one?:)
I could not find it on my own and didn´t see it on Anne Stokes website either.

redflash

I think it's being released today, it's on her facebook page. Will get you a link.

Essjay

I'm not sure about this one tbh. Unillustrated pips and pictures that look as if they weren't destined to be in a tarot deck. Not that that means it won't work. Pents are skulls but the Hermit dragon is inside a pentacle. Also, the borders are huge and ornate. The Emperor appears to be Elrond from LOTR? That's not a bad thing at all but I'm just not sure how it all hangs together.

Beautiful art though - no disputing that.

redflash

I'm not sure about this one tbh. Unillustrated pips and pictures that look as if they weren't destined to be in a tarot deck. Not that that means it won't work. Pents are skulls but the Hermit dragon is inside a pentacle. Also, the borders are huge and ornate. The Emperor appears to be Elrond from LOTR? That's not a bad thing at all but I'm just not sure how it all hangs together.

I agree, the more I look at the cards. Stunning artwork but I couldn't read with it.

la-luna

well this is what the artist says about it: I'm really excited that today my new Gothic Tarot deck is released by publishers Fournier, and will be appearing soon in shops. The deck has been created using some of my existing artworks and some new art painted especially for it. This album shows some images of the cards and you'll see that the wands are themed to dragons, cups to vampires, pentacles to skeletons, and swords to angels. The accompanying booklet also contains text written especially for these art themes and the card meanings.

Lillie

Oh dear.

Multi lingual titles. How awful.