Anne Stokes Gothic

Elendil

From the scans there seems to be little coherence. Lots of females (including Magician, Hanged Man) some dragons (?) inconsistent courts (a mixed bag of angels, dragons, skeletons and humans: Knaves and Knights both seem to be female).

Chalices or Bats? Pentacles or Skulls? Swords or Feathers? Wands or Dragons? (If you are going to change the symbol, why not the name of the suit?)

One wonders if the LWB will explain - but one suspects not...

VERY NICE artwork though.

An opportunity missed ?

cardlady22

I have her playing card deck, so I'd like to see some of which ones were chosen. I'm not on facebook and can't see more than the thumbnails. :(

AJ

I'm not on facebook either, but I can click on the thumbs and get the larger image.
Too static for me, they are just portraits. I do like the Knave of Wands card though.

Red_Ocean

Ah yes, I know Fournier. They are the same people who did the Cruel Thing Tarot. So this means the cards will be small. :(

Bhavana

I hadn't realized that Anne Stokes did the art for the Necronmionmoonnionion (sp??) tarot. How interesting - I would have sworn it was a man's art.

I'll probably pass on it, though. The Gothic Tarot with all the graveyards and ghouls is the only one that I really like.

rwcarter

For better or worse, it reminds me of Vargo's Gothic Tarot, and I could see using the two decks together. (I like Vargo's Gothic, and I like what I've seen of this deck.)

Emily

It looks like a beautiful deck, I love dragons, but I have come to realise that beautiful is not always readable.

MysticalMoose

Hmmmm. The artwork is stunning no doubting that. But as a Tarot deck? it's not for me I don't think... I'd like to see the whole deck in person to be sure of course, but it does look like a series of pictures that don't feel tarot-y to me... I know a lot of people said that about the Vargo Gothic, but I adore that deck & read with it regularly so it's very much a personal thing. I do love Anne's Queen of Cups and 10 of Cups tho :)

DaughterOfDanu

Argh! I love her art so much but the unillustrated pips are such a turn off. It's sad too because decks with such gorgeous gothic art I usually resonate with. But the plain pips leave me feeling bland when I do a reading.

This reminds me of something...
-Cough- Favole? -Cough-

But knowing me if it's affordable I'll probably scap it up in the late fall/winter (Or it may be the push I need to grab the Favole after all.)

amethyst57

love her artwork...got her playing cards...
thinking maybe getting about her tarot deck down the road....