Anyone familiar w Tarot Certification Board?

Demon Goddess

Baroli said:
I am just certifiable. Is that good enough?? :p

It's good enough for me. :D

starrystarrynight

After having read through the link provided by Major Tom (thanks!), I would question the legality of any group purporting to "certify" anyone without being, itself, recognized by the government to do so. Basically, is it legal to form an arbitrary group to "certify" anyone to do anything? (Frankly, I do not know...which is why I'm asking.)

Perhaps, a group that runs a course can bestow a diploma or certificate of achievement that states that someone has taken their course and passed it...but that, in my view, seems very different from certifying someone is able to do anything that isn't in any way regulated, except from within the group itself. Especially if the group doesn't run any course (which would likely be subject to regulations in itself in order to be sanctioned.)

This group may be playing with fire in the legal arena--which would then, by association, hurt everyone who reads tarot--whether or not associated with this or any other like group.

I'm not a lawyer, though, and these are just questions any thinking person might come up with. Are there any answers? I didn't catch them, if they were offered...(sorry if that is the case.)

(And I still wonder, who has certified the certifiers of this organization?)

Grizabella

starrystarrynight said:
(And I still wonder, who has certified the certifiers of this organization?)

Well, don't look at me! I didn't do it! :bugeyed:

gregory

Nor did I but I have just decided to offer this service for a mere - um - $750CDN.

With a certificate with gold bits on (because I happen to have some blanks !)

I will publish a complete list of everyone who pays me for this, so you can see what company you keep; you will *only* be required to do a 100% accurate predictive reading on climate change over the next 12 months, with full details of exactly what will flood when (I live in hope of the Palace of Westminster going under rather suddenly with the entire Cabinet in it....) and also tell me when the best date is to fill up my heating oil tank with minimum financial loss.

I will also accept LARGE bribes to shortcircuit this process.

}) OK ?

Gavriela

Ah, Gregory, I would, but I fear that over the next 12 months you will be beyond such concerns....hush, let us not speak of such things. For a mere $750 CDN, I can lift this curse from you! :p

What worries me a little bit is that the list of certify-ees there may not have a clue. Wald and Ruth Ann are listed as amongst the top certify-ees (or certified ;) ), and they run the Tarot School. Did you note that these people are selling the Tarot College on ebay?

A more cynical person might think someone was trying to cash in on somebody else's reputation.

I'll give W & RA a bell tonight (or tomorrow - I think they're teaching tonight), and let them know about this fun little group.

Course, it could be nothing. But I'd be kind of upset if someone was using my name on their site and selling something almost the same as my business name on ebay.

Demon Goddess

I think we should form an AT certified reader certification board.

And... I propose that we do so for free; and someone with graphic ability could price out and create a plaque, that if you were voted eligible for, you could pay to get made for your "shop".

The board members should be nominated (acceptance necessary) and voted annually by registered (paying?) members of AT and votes should be cast as to why they are eligible as readers and their qualifying readings can obviously be published in the Readings section.

This is by far the most respected Tarot site on the web and the most respected readers either posted here at one point or another or added to the content or even post here still today.

THAT is about the ONLY "certification" board I personally would accept as qualified to judge whether or not I am a qualified enough reader to be certified.

gregory

If that is a serious suggestion, DG, it has been discussed and ruled out, for a lot of reasons. There are threads; I have NO IDEA where....

Milfoil

Nah - certification isn't going to be taken seriously I don't think but if you wanted to consider a voluntary 'code of conduct' or such like which readers can sign up to, that could be a interesting.

Demon Goddess

Milfoil said:
Nah - certification isn't going to be taken seriously I don't think but if you wanted to consider a voluntary 'code of conduct' or such like which readers can sign up to, that could be a interesting.

I'd sign up for that. I'd even send $10 to pay for the shipping and handling of the certificate that says that I subscribe to an AT Code of conduct.

Demon Goddess

gregory said:
If that is a serious suggestion, DG, it has been discussed and ruled out, for a lot of reasons. There are threads; I have NO IDEA where....

True enough. I was aware of the suggestion and the ruling out of it, but I still think it's a great idea.