Anyone had this kind of feeling before? What should I do?

flyingphoenix

Did anyone feel not want to read for someone or some questions?
Few weeks ago, I met a new friend and he learned I could read Tarot cards. I told him if he need a reading, I could help. So he asked me to read for his relationship few days ago. Normally I like to read for others and always like to jump in right away. But this time, I don't know why I don't want to read for his question. Not because of him or the question itself, just there's something hold me back, I don't know what it is.
Have you ever had similar feeling before? What should I do with it?

SunChariot

I once had a question I did not want to answer. A friend at work's son-in-law was about to have a serious operation. She asked me if he would make it through, live through it. I know she just wanted comforting. But when we pull the cards the answer could go either way. I did not want to add to her great distress already if the answer was no.

I stopped and looked her in the eye and asked her if she was SURE she wanted the answer to that, becuase once I pull the cards I can't control what they have to say. I asked her if she was sure she wanted to know the answer and was prepared to hear it no matter what it was. She said NO immediately.

In the end he was fine, but if he wasn't going to make it through it didn't seem to me that it would have helped her any to know that right before the operation. So I was not feeling willing to do the reading, not knowing what the answer would be in advance.

That was the only question I did not want to do a reading on so far.

As for people, I don't like to and won't read for anyone who is truly skeptical and wants some kind of proof of Tarot in the reading. To me I don't read for those people, because they can turn anything into a negative if they don't want to beleive (if I explained that well). If they want to be in denial they won't understand the reading properly.

But anyway, the most important thing is that if YOU sensed you were not meant to do that reading, go with that feeling. That was, to me, a message from the universe that the querent was not meant to have that reading done by you, and likely that they were not meant to have it done at all. What you should do with yoru feeling is to respect it and follow it. It came to you for a reason. It was a message, to me, that you were not meant to do it.

Babs

Sinduction

Oh goodness, I think I'd do the same thing with a question like that.

If you don't want to read just say so. Or tell them you will do it another time. If it's a big deal then maybe your new friend isn't someone you should be friends with.

Alta

I agree with Sinduction. Just kindly, firmly and regretfully say no.

flyingphoenix

Thank you for your good advice here. I will follow my feeling.

emmsma

I had a client at work repeatedly ask me to do readings for her. This woman had chaotic energies around her. The kind that make all the equipment in the clinic malfunction when she is around.

Very nice woman, but I didn't feel right around her. I always said I couldn't. At least I didn't need to lie. It had been years since I'd read for anyone so I didn't feel I could give a good reading.

Ashtaroot

Always listen to your instinct :)

Gypsyspell

Hi, I know i have said before i dont like to read for people close to me .
I do think as a beginning student of tarot inevitably you read for friends, this is good practice and helps to familiarise and identify 'meaning 'for yourself with the cards. Most importantly when you are starting out you are not really taken so seriously and can say "oh im only learning", if it gets a bit sticky!
But when it gets to the point that friends take you as a professional it can really effect relationships reading for them.
The T-Shirt i had is one where every problem/issue, new relationship ,i was being consulted or asked to do a reading on- the implications for the friendships you have when you feel you are vicariously living other people lives with them! It is not a one off situation if the reading does happen to be successful!
I am happy to help and advise friends , but i say yes to one -and do a reading-i say yes to them all !when it comes to doing readings for friends i dont what the roles of Marriage guidance counseller for example ,or to be put in between people,be consulted on every decision , there after every arguement this can and does happen!- I dont want to anything other than a friend. There i raved on!!
And other readers are always available. That they will present a challenge to,

Gypsyspell

Hi , Plus while i have a bee in my bonnet! Reading this way i feel does not empower the friend to take charge of their lives or make decisions for themselves- which is most important.

jrr01

I can never read for my close family members, I don't know why? maybe becuase I know them well enough...? anyone get this too?