Anyone had this kind of feeling before? What should I do?

Sophie

SunChariot said:
I stopped and looked her in the eye and asked her if she was SURE she wanted the answer to that, becuase once I pull the cards I can't control what they have to say. I asked her if she was sure she wanted to know the answer and was prepared to hear it no matter what it was. She said NO immediately.
That's a really good way to handle it :thumbsup:

I think in general it's perfectly OK to read for friends and their relationships. It's not my job to lecture people about taking responsibility for their lives - all the more because a good tarot reading about a relationship actually encourages people to take responsibility for their role in that relationship, because it allows them to make informed decisions and be purely reactive. It can also help them see the other person's point of view in a given situation.

What I think Flyingphoenix was asking is different: when you have a strong feeling that you don't want to read for someone on a question, even if there's no explanation for your feeling, is it OK to decline? I think it's perfectly OK to decline any reading you like, for whatever reason you have. I would always follow my inner feeling about something, even if I've done that type of reading a thousand times before.

Rev_Vesta

I believe it is so important to trust your intuition inregards to what readings you do and don't do...........

Every now and Then I don't mind doing readings for friends for free....... but if I feel the person is starting to take advantage of the friendship... (wanting readings daily or weekly or even monthly ) .. i will say yes i will but i have to charge you as I do with all my clients........as it is a service you are asking of me............ or if I feel that the reading is not neccessary in this case or the answer is not what the friend would want to hear, especially from me..... I usually politely just explain that at this time I am unable to do the reading at this time and would need to review the situation after a month or so........

Occassionaly I have had a Client ask me for an appointment for a reading.......and immediately I have had the message, " no, you can not read for this person, not now........addictive personality......" I have declined to do the reading by saying, I am sorry I am not able to read for you......" and the client has accepted that without question...........which has been really good......

so for me it is about trusting.....trust Spirit Knows who you should read for and not read for....

Vesta

red :)

Trust your instincts !

balenciaga

My advice would be to tell the person you can and will read what shows up and nothing more. When one goes searching for the answers one wants to see appear, readings can get skewed. Just read what is there (the predominant energy). Just because a querent has expectations does not mean you must fulfill them. So, you can take the pressure off yourself.:love:

Grizabella

There's one person who stands out in my mind that I refused to read for. She was someone who lived in the apartment building next to us and she was mentally a little bit unstable, I think. I don't worry about the mental instability very much if I can tell the person is on medication and/or not on the verge of anything, but this woman just didn't sit well. She came over one day and wanted a reading. I said no, that I didn't feel like doing one then. She kept pushing and I kept refusing so then she started telling the kids to go get my cards. I told the kids not to go get them. I finally had to get really assertive with her that I wasn't going to read and that the kids weren't going to go get the cards, either.

Usually I read anytime and anywhere if I get asked. (Well, I wouldn't read somewhere that wasn't appropriate, but other than that----) It's very rare that I wouldn't. But if I were doing it for a living, I'd refuse if I were too tired or something, and if I'm sick I'd refuse.