Anyone heard of these books on Tarot & Magick?

Dragon Rider

I've been searching the book section as well as this forum (and other internet sources) about the following Tarot tomes, but so far have come up with nothing except the publisher's press releases.

Anyone here who has the following books or has read them? What are they about and do you recommend them to a fellow Tarot enthusiast?

1. Tarot Magick: A Seasons of the Witch Companion Guide by Kelly Danann

2. Dancing With the Juggler: Thirteen Moons with the Tarot and Natural Magick by Carolynn Clare Townsend

Moonmystic

Hi Dragon Rider, I've run across the first book on your list. You can find it here: http://www.7th-house.com/tarotmagick.html. I flipped through it briefly at my local store, but haven't bought it yet. Kelly (the author) is the business manager and daughter of the owner of Seventh House Publishing (If I'm not mistaken, but I believe I'm correct). I can't vouch for that particular book, but I have bought several of the other titles listed on the site and have been pleased with all of them. Victoria David Danaan is the owner and I don't have the privilege of knowing personally, but think very highly of her work. If the daughter is as wise as her Mother, the book should be enlightening.

Hope that helps a little - I would give the book a shot, it's on my list to buy eventually.

Dragon Rider

Thanks for the feedback and link, Moonmystic! It does seem to be a beautiful book... hardbound and with colored pictures too. :) I've decided to get both books through Ebay and I can't wait to read them. I'm not really into magick (yet), but I'm interested to know how Tarot can be used other than divination and self-discovery.

Dragon Rider

^ I bought that book in Ebay around 2 years ago and I've only browsed through it. I found it quite *difficult* to understand as I'm not really into ceremonial magick. It's very complicated, in my opinion.

Alta

you'll have to buy it used

Try Magick and the Tarot by Tony Willis. Excellent.

tarotgimp

Dragon Rider said:
^ I bought that book in Ebay around 2 years ago and I've only browsed through it. I found it quite *difficult* to understand as I'm not really into ceremonial magick. It's very complicated, in my opinion.

Can I have your copy? :D

Dragon Rider

^ Lol!!! :)

About the book by Tony Willis, what is it about?

tarotgimp

Dragon Rider said:
^ Lol!!! :)

About the book by Tony Willis, what is it about?

This is just me taking a shot in the dark here but, is it about magick and the tarot? :D

Grigori

Dragon Rider said:

I tried the Cicero's Tarot Talisman's book and found it quite complicated initially. The Kraig book is similarly based on the GD system, but its actually simplified a lot. Its still not simple, but if you want to get into that method I think its a good place to start.

A friend recommend Tyson's Portable Magic highly, though I know Tyson has his own system, though I don't know if the book uses that, or something else.