Anyone heard of these books on Tarot & Magick?

Dragon Rider

^ Haha... nope, what kind of "magick" in particular?

tarotgimp

Dragon Rider said:
^ Haha... nope, what kind of "magick" in particular?

I was just trying to make a lil joke. :) I'm actually not familiar with this work but it's being sold by used book retailers on amazon...from what I can gather from the reviews, it looks like a basic spellbook where tarot is the main tool for workings. Unfortunately it's out of print and amazon doesn't have pdf sample pages...looks good though I've actually been concidering options for tarot magick. This book and the one I mentioned earlier may enter my collection in the very near future. :)

tarot gimp

-blessed be

P.S I think it's out of print :(

rif

Dragon Rider said:
^ Lol!!! :)

About the book by Tony Willis, what is it about?

It's about "high magick" and "low magick." The book first walks through the major arcana and discusses the lessons each card holds for the initiate on the path of magick. As if each card is a facet on the learning process the initiate faces. This is a theoretical approach that would be relevant to the aspiring ceremonial magician who wishes to walk the path of high magick.

The second section of the book talks about the meanings of the minor arcana as they apply in practical terms, and defines this as belonging to low magick; aka the practical stuff. The cards are examined with their core meanings as could be used for practical sympathetic magick, with examples of simple rituals given. IIRC the author talks about using copies of cards since some of the actions could be destructive; and often, a basic ritual is performed then the card is displayed in a certain quarter of the room for a period of time.

I recently borrowed this book from the library. Depending on where you live, you might be able to do the same (especially if you can obtain from an inter-library loan).

I would consider Willis' a more serious approach to the subject matter relative to Janina Renee's book, and it won't appeal to everyone. But if you have an interest in mixing tarot and magick, it's worth reading to see if you like the flavor. It's also got some resonance with Don Kraig's Tarot and Magic book, but less touchy-feely (no offense intended there, I own and like Kraig's book!). Or perhaps more formal is a better phrase.

MysticalMoose

2 books that I found useful useful in this subject are "Everyday Tarot Magic" by Dorothy Morrison, it really goes into detail for "basic" magick not too complicated or weird! ~ you can get it used on amazon & I have seen it on eBay.... & also "Tarot Spells" by Janina Renee is a good one, very clear & concise & easy to follow :)

Dragon Rider

^ Thanks for your suggestions, I'll look them up. :) I can't wait to get my orders (Tarot Magick & Dancing with the Juggler). :)