Anyone use card sleeves?

Minotauro

I don't understand what the purpose would be of those colored sleeves. Doesn't that keep you from seeing the cards? I've seen clear sleeves for cards but I've never used them. I've got a lot of my collectible decks in clear plastic protective sheets you can put in a three-ring binder. I love being able to flip through the binder and easily see all the cards. :)

X)

only the backs are colored , the fron is clear.

that's what you get for not being a geek
;)

I'd actually thouight about it for many friends play magic the gatheroing or other similar games ,a nd whenever Im shugffling the cards or spreading them , people would think its a new kind of game lol
X)

I've also always thought magic the gathering should make its own tarot :)

GryffinSong

X)

only the backs are colored , the fron is clear.

that's what you get for not being a geek
;)

I'd actually thouight about it for many friends play magic the gatheroing or other similar games ,a nd whenever Im shugffling the cards or spreading them , people would think its a new kind of game lol
X)

I've also always thought magic the gathering should make its own tarot :)

You can also get them completely clear.

As for decks, the White Wolf Games folks made a couple of decks. Mage: The Awakening and I think Mage: the Ascension was by them as well. I have Mage: The Awakening. The Cups suit was all done by the artist who did the Shadowscapes.

Minotauro

I did a search and couldn't work out what they were. Are we talking single individual cellophane bags for storing a card in? For why? :)

have you seen those clear plastic covers for ID's? the ones in wich you can take the id out? it is something like that.

the magic the gatherig cards can be expensive and so those plastic covers are used to protect them when playing or shguffling

they are not bags per se , and are much more sturdy than cellophane, they're ussualy plastic.

OH perhaps you'll remember them from baseball card holders? its kinda like that ,

Minotauro

You can also get them completely clear.

As for decks, the White Wolf Games folks made a couple of decks. Mage: The Awakening and I think Mage: the Ascension was by them as well. I have Mage: The Awakening. The Cups suit was all done by the artist who did the Shadowscapes.
oh , if only they had made a vtm tarot u.u

euripides

Changed my link to something from Amazon, sorry about that. I have industrial-strength antivirus so don't tend to see the nasties!

The thickness issue is a big one I think, a regular deck is unweildy enough! Laminating can be a risky process though so I think for home-made decks these could be a nice solution.

nisaba

Like these (random website, no endorsement!)

[link removed]

I've seen them at the gaming club, one guy has about three or four huge gaming decks with every card in a sleeve.
<turns screen on side>

<turns screen upside down>

<gives up, turns screen rightway up again>

Makes shuffling your Tarot deck a mite tricky, I'm thinking.

Dusk Till Dawn

<turns screen on side>

<turns screen upside down>

<gives up, turns screen rightway up again>

Makes shuffling your Tarot deck a mite tricky, I'm thinking.

Whoa, very interesting Link there. LOL

Almost went blind here...

Abrac

Oh, only the backs are colored. That makes more sense. :laugh:

chowdmouse

Hoping to resurrect this topic- looks like they are now available in tarot card size. Would like to see if anyone has actually used these protective sleeves, how they fit, & how they may affect shuffling, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guard-UGD010104-Tarot-Sleeves/dp/B00I99UWXE

Found a link on Llewellyn, but it says they are not available til Jan 2016.

Thanks in advance for any input!