Physical reactions when reading Tarot

Creole

Hello,
I've got a question. I've found over the years; I become extremely sleepy as I do a reading. I'll notice it slowly comes over me, starting with the shuffle and builds throughout the reading process. I actually feel that I could lay my head down and easily fall asleep. Whereas moments before I'm alert and ready read. It reminds me of the dreaded "Post Thanksgiving Dinner Nap", LOL. Would love to know if anyone has also experienced this or any other reactions.
Creole

cmarie

Hi Creole : )

I was just talking to my daughter about this a half an hour ago! I do not get sleepy right away, but after a period of time(15 mins to an hour) I do. I also get ravenous! I take it as reading requires a great deal of mental energy, maybe other energies too and I get depleted when I am into it. I usually grab something to eat and take a short break - then I am good to go! for another short period at least lol.

I also notice this when I am working on other mental tasks like building a website or writing parts of my future books. Our brains require so much energy, and reading is very interactive. It is not as passive as reading a book for example, although there are books that can drain me too!

I am interested to see other responses.

violetdaisy

I'm usually sleepy to some degree, I'm like a 3 or 4 year old in that respect. Lots of energy requiring lots of sleep. Unless you're my niece....Lots of energy followed by lots of energy. But I haven't paid attention to how I feel in that respect during and after a reading. I do know that when I study a deck before I use it I feel energized. Like using my brain wakes me up.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hello! I've noticed that when I do readings now, I also feel sleepy. That rarely happened before but the relationship between me and my deck has gotten stronger and as of late I feel like its messages are getting clearer. I think the better I get at reading intuitively, the more energy it takes to do a reading. I also posted a thread about this a while ago, but I got a very intense headache from doing a reading one time, and that was the first time I truly tried to do an intuitive reading. So yea, for me I either get tired or I get headaches. Oh! Sometimes the back or top of my head tingles. Or my mouth too. Mainly those three areas. That's something that's been happening recently, though.

HallowedNight

I don't usually get sleepy when I do readings (which is a little weird, since I do most of my readings at night), but I sometimes get chills if something just falls perfectly into place. c:

The energy of some decks makes me dizzy when I first open them; the Deviant Moon made me dizzy before I could even flip through the whole deck! So I get some crystals on those to absorb some of that energy. đź‘Ť

Michael Sternbach

I meant to post a reply, but reading through this thread, I can't keep my eyes open. Sorry. <Yawn>

Good night.

nisaba

Hello,
I've got a question. I've found over the years; I become extremely sleepy as I do a reading. I'll notice it slowly comes over me, starting with the shuffle and builds throughout the reading process. I actually feel that I could lay my head down and easily fall asleep. Whereas moments before I'm alert and ready read. It reminds me of the dreaded "Post Thanksgiving Dinner Nap", LOL. Would love to know if anyone has also experienced this or any other reactions.
Creole

You're just drifting into a meditation. You won't actually sleep, you'll just get very, very relaxed, which allows your inner knowing to come forwards without being drowned out by your day to day thinking. Congratulations! :)

yannie

Hello,
Creole

I've noticed this while reading for others only just (I've never read for others FTF; only for a handful online on the exchange forum just recently). I sort of zone out while concentrating, but after the reading I feel drained & need a break and a glass of water. Last round, when I read for 6, I actually felt a little feverish halfway through.

I also notice when I feel it's time to cut the deck my hands tremble. Sometimes my tummy does too. It's not a tummy growl. It's a weird tremble...

This just tells me I shouldn't be doing too many readings for others... I don't notice this reaction reading for myself.

Farzon

I meant to post a reply, but reading through this thread, I can't keep my eyes open. Sorry. <Yawn>

Good night.
[emoji23]
You're just drifting into a meditation. You won't actually sleep, you'll just get very, very relaxed, which allows your inner knowing to come forwards without being drowned out by your day to day thinking. Congratulations! :)
Just thought the same thing.
Try getting deeper into it, practice meditation itself. I bet you'll get used to it. And then you'll just feel clear and awake.

yannie

[emoji23]

Just thought the same thing.
Try getting deeper into it, practice meditation itself. I bet you'll get used to it. And then you'll just feel clear and awake.

Thing is, I'm aware it's a meditative state. I meditate before and after every reading; I have to, to clear the residue from before and after. I practice meditation daily independent of tarot readings too.

I'm just realising how much reading for others eats into me. Definitely not something I want to do regularly :)