anyone use enchanted tarot?

Fullmoonmomma

It was my first and most beloved deck.

Beautiful art work and I just love how it comes with these little dreamy back stories, and spells ad meditations Relating to the card. It's really cool.

Also I follow amy zerner on Instagram and she is such a talented, awesome lady.

AJ

I love the book that comes with the enchanted!
I'm a quilter so the fabric images make me smile, but I'm not sure the average reader would like them.

FaintlyMacabre

I love the idea of this deck and have both versions. No, can't say I ever managed to use them.

Diana

SixDegrees

It's a deck I've acquired and sold/traded and re-acquired so many times that I've committed to keeping it forever now, even if I don't use it often. There's something very regal about the deck: The size of the cards, the card stock (at least the older printings), and the wild but muted images. I'm not sure that many people realize that they are fabric collages at first.

Basically, every time I look at the deck, I think "This is what tarot is supposed to *be*." It is hefty and mysterious and beautiful.

WolfyJames

It was my first tarot deck as well. I saw the Moon card on the box and fell in love with it. It's very pretty and I cannot imagine the amount of work that was put behind the deck for its creation, considering the minors are fully illustrated. I did cross-stitch for many years so I'm only guessing.

Fullmoonmomma

Interesting a few of you do some kind of fabric work. I'm sure that's why you can appreciate it! The artist who made the deck (Amy zerner) she makes these scenes that look like the cards and other spiritual scenes but in tapestries and clothing. It's amazing I wish I could afford one of her pieces!

I do use the deck and as much as I love it for the art and all put into it, I kinda wish I started with a more simple deck to learn the cards with because on some cards it can be difficult to interpret with their meanings.

FaintlyMacabre

Perhaps I'm not remembering right, but it seemed as though the hardcover book had better photos of the art than the cards. I really did admire the pieces as art very much.

Diana

AJ

the images are full color and page size.

jema

I have a few copies of Zerner-Farber (i then to wear them out) and love it!
Might actually get the Enchanted set for the book now.

FaintlyMacabre

I just dug out both The Enchanted book and cards. While the book is nice and shows the cards larger, I kept feeling frustrated because neither really shows the fabric details. You know they are there!