Are you a good queen or a bad queen?

rcb30872

sweet_intuition said:
Darling... there ain't no better Queen out there than lil ol moi!

*Faux ghetto finger snap* ... mmm hmmm
I'd second that :p

Always Wondering

When I first started studying I related so strongly to the Queen of Cups, so now she is my favorite and I feel like her quite a bit. At different times I recognize all the queens in myself, in different moods, or dealing different energies. It's wonderful also, when I need clarity that I can call on the Queen of Swords and so on.
I have what I call my Queen of Wands walk. When I need to feel empowered, I raise my chin, straighten my shoulders, call on the Queen of Wands and walk on into whatever needs to be done.
The Queens are cool.

tarotrose

Gazel said:
I think I'm some blend of Queen of Cups and Queen of Swords, balancing between emotions and intellect - in so far there really is a contrast between those. Actually I think they are quite connected - at least for me they are, and my challenge is to find out to manage this. And to manage the shadow sides of both the Queens.

I think I read Justine Alessi to say that often if you lookly closely at a Queen of Swords you will find a Queen of Cups thwarted -- that is, when the Queen of Cups has been taken advantage of and beaten down because of her generous and loving nature, she will often take refuge in the airy/steely persona of the Queen of Swords. I definitely see that in me, as well! When I start identifying more with the Queen of Swords, I know that it is time to look at what is going on with me and what needs nurtured and healed so I can embrace again the more natural and comfortable Queen of Cups inside. When I am in good condition, well rested and nourished, I am the Queen of Cups.

My bestfriend is a Queen of Wands, and my sister is a Queen of Pentacles, and I admire them both so much, but I don't see much of that fieriness or earthiness in myself.

PentQueen

Vladaria said:
I'm very much a Cancerian, so if I had to pick a queen it would be the queen of cups, but more often I use the King of Cups :D Still emotional but a stronger more masculine character that fits better with my soul card. Cancer is a Cardinal Sign after all, lol.
I also have quite a lot of fire in my chart and am most definately the fixer, DIY'er in the house ~ hubby is the hoover, duster wielder ;)
Vlad xx

This is interesting...made me think of a male friend who always turns up as the Queen of Swords...seems to coincide with your masculine (King) female (Cups). The Queen totally fits him--born on the very last day of Gemini/bordering on Cancer...he's rather watery air; exactly how I see the Queen of Swords.

Azarial

I was a good queen, and then I turned baaaaaad!!! I was always the Queen of Pentacles, or the Queen of Cups if I was having a really emotional period. But then something happened, what I don't know, but my signifactor turned into the Queen of Wands. I must tell you, I absolutely hate her, and I cringe when she pops up in my readings. It's not the good effects of her that I see, it's her worst character traits that I get stuck with. I just don't ever think that I can come to grips with being the Queen of Wands. I want my Queen of Pentacles back!!!!!

no_moon

Normally my significator is the Queen of Staves. But I guess it makes sense since I do a lot of public speaking and teaching, as well as performing music. When I associate with this card, I feel really active and happy, like I can take on the world and be loved for it. But... when I am really grounded like bump on a log, lethargic, not willing to take action, I turn into the Queen of Pents. Coincidentally, also doing gardening, taking care of my apartment or cooking makes me show up as the Queen of Pents, lol. Boring but happy! (I'm such a wand. :p)

For basis of comparison...

A friend of mine always shows up as a Queen of Pents and she doesn't like gardening or cooking. She just looooves to shop and look pretty (and she is really gorgeous). Unfortunately I think this makes her blind to the emotional needs of others and that sometimes gets her into deep trouble with her bf.

Also, I have a friend who always shows up as the Queen of Cups. She's the most lovely and understanding person I know. But she can really start to feel terrible if she gets caught in the middle of an emotional conflict, perhaps because she can see and understand both sides too well.

My friend's ex-girlfriend (I read for him a couple of times when their relationship was nearing its end) always turned up as the Queen of Swords. Her personality was, well, airy, and her words cut. I think it may also have reflected how he saw her, as continuously rehashing over every detail of their relationship.

Summersnowflake

Azarial said:
I was a good queen, and then I turned baaaaaad!!! I was always the Queen of Pentacles, or the Queen of Cups if I was having a really emotional period. But then something happened, what I don't know, but my signifactor turned into the Queen of Wands. I must tell you, I absolutely hate her, and I cringe when she pops up in my readings. It's not the good effects of her that I see, it's her worst character traits that I get stuck with. I just don't ever think that I can come to grips with being the Queen of Wands. I want my Queen of Pentacles back!!!!!

What is it you hate about the Queen of Wands? And how do you think this change happened?!?