Are You Giving Decks as Christmas Gifts?

Sheri

I don't know if this is the correct place, so moderators, please feel free to move as you see fit :D

I was wondering if anyone was planning on giving decks as Christmas gifts, and if so, what are the decks and why?

I am giving my son and his girlfriend decks for Christmas this year. Neither one is into Tarot, but I am hoping that the gift of a deck will spark interest - it would have in me if I received a deck when I was their ages (early twenties) or sooner.

I got my son The Dragon Tarot, because he likes dragons and I got his girlfriend Amy Brown's Tarot deck because she likes fairies and is a fan of Amy Brown.

I hope they like them! :)

Happy Holidays, everyone!

valeria

star-lover

well i got my secret santa a deck and book that was on their wish list....was used but i hope they like it when they get it x

Simone

Not giving away decks - mainly because the adults in my family are not interested and the children are too young to handle the deck as it deserves...

Oh, and - we're moving to the Talking Tarot section since Chat ain't for tarot discussions ;)

a_shikhs

I gifted a friend one of Doreen Virtue's latest decks- Daily Guidance oracle, this xmas. He really believes in angels and has always wanted one of her decks. So Im sure this is a perfect xmas prezzie for him.
I even put in an oracle deck in my secret santa package. I would love to give my family members decks as presents but none of them are tarot freaks like me. ;)

Valeria, Im sure your son and his gf would love their decks. :)

AJ

I don't know another soul here who does tarot. I'd love to have a live tarot buddy to practice on and share with! If I did tho, I'd sure treat them to a deck, just not on Christmas, I much prefer 'just because' gifts because there is no pressure to return the gesture and no tradition of having to do gifts started.

Miren

AJ said:
I don't know another soul here who does tarot. I'd love to have a live tarot buddy to practice on and share with! If I did tho, I'd sure treat them to a deck, just not on Christmas, I much prefer 'just because' gifts because there is no pressure to return the gesture and no tradition of having to do gifts started.

Exactly what I was thinking. Even the "just because" part...because I normally limit my specific Christmas gifting to a very small circle.

I wish someone in my acquaintance might actually want a deck. I'm keeping my ears open! ;)

bleuivy

I'll be giving myself a deck. Does that count? ;)

Disa

I am giving my 14 year old daughter the Manga deck. She loves anything to do with Asian inspired anything and she also draws Manga and Anime. She showed a slight bit of interest in tarot a year or so ago and picked out the Dragon Tarot for herself. I don't think it was an easy deck for her to begin with, so I thought even if she doesn't want the Manga for tarot purposes, she will at least appreciate the artwork.

I considered giving a friend at work the Hello, Kitty deck. She may not be open to Tarot but she collects Hello, Kitty everything and she is open to other spiritual practices. But, alas it's out of print and I really can't see paying $200.00 for it on ebay.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

HearthCricket

Yes, there are 7 decks on their way to an AT forumer, which, for some unknown reason, are sitting in a Post Office in India and not getting delivered, which makes me mad, since I air-mailed it out on Nov.29th so she would get it on time.

Also, Vlad Rabbit is getting a mini Mermaid deck and Tarot to Go, but don't tell him! He is also getting...well, better not say. He has a tendency to go online under my name and shop on ebay. He may check the forum... :D

Azarial

Well, I did get Tarot of a Moon Garden and Good Witch Bad Witch for myself for Chrismas if that counts. I'm really excited about opening them up and giving them a whirl!