astrology study group ~ virgo

oceanpoetry

I ran the chart again, to check the calculation. I am using location as "Toronto, ON" because I couldn't find "Mississauga" in my astrology app. I am using "Tropical" as the chart-drawing option (rather than Sidereal).

You're right Taurus is on the Ascendant, but it actuallys falls into the 12th house. Gemini is in the 1st and I am still coming up with Cancer in the 2nd. I think she would appear to be more of a Cancer-type rising sign, because Venus, natural ruler of Taurus, is in Cancer.

She has a very sharp tongue for a sweet Cancer sun!!

Cancers aren't always sweet, LOL! watch out if we need to defend our territory. We can be moody and tempermental. And yes, Saturn conj Venus, Mercury and Sun could be a tough transit!

Jupiter is now transiting Virgo! has anyone noticed the affect of this transit?
Jupiter is now conjunct my Ascendant, and Jupiter is a welcome visitor to my 1st house!

Jupiter is in detriment in Virgo, what does that mean exactly?

isthmus nekoi

I think she would appear to be more of a Cancer-type rising sign, because Venus, natural ruler of Taurus, is in Cancer. (snip) Cancers aren't always sweet, LOL!

Yes, I would agree!!!

Re: Jupiter in Virgo. I forgot he was in detriment. What this means basically is that Jupiter has trouble expressing his energy in Virgo. I think this is largely b/c Jupiter is so long reaching and ebullient but Virgo keeps all these expansive energies tied down in all her little details; Jupiter has no room to grow, Jupiter has to compromise!

purplefishy

Wow! Thanks for being so thorough!

The Jupiter – Mars opposition would give you a lot of optimism and the capacity to see the big picture. You’d be strongly motivated to have personal insight and to leaf others. People might even find you inspiring to be around. You’d have strong opinions and would need to watch that you didn’t get too rigid but if you were prepared to listen to others and get good advice you’d be OK.. You would have an interest in personal insight and this would balance any ‘hard-edge’ qualities you have.

That's interesting. I have always been able to look at the bigger picture. I also have strong opinions, and when people criticize me for this (or don't like what I have to say, etc.), it bothers me.
I found this indeed to be at odds with the "attention to detail" you were talking about, since I don't believe that to be one of my stronger points, unless it were something I really cared about. I can be just as spacey as the next person!

It's interesting i'm working towards being a Leo (is that right?). I find myself to be at odds with all that Leo is at times.

Although there would be issues about the polarities, with the Mars opposition you could be a fairly dynamic person professionally with an really good sense of when to go for opportunities.. Diplomacy might not be your strongest point but courage and tenacity would be pretty good qualities to offset that. I imagine you would be a tough negotiator and that if someone wanted to get things done they could come to you. You like action and adventure? That seems to come through.

Also, yes I can be quite stubborn, if there's something I really want, or if I really, really think something should be a certain way. When I see that someone is not doing the right thing, or is asking something of me that they shouldn't be, I don't budge. I also love to travel and am almost fascinated with it. I am at odds with this because even now, I find myself wanting to stay around the familiar.

rcb30872

Hi

I have come across this a few times in these threads, what is a stell(i)um??

I am Virgo Sun (7 degress, 24 minutes) (6th House, I think) and Virgo Mars (9 degrees, 58 minutes)(7th House, I think).

Here I would say that I would like to people, but have a hard job showing affection or emotion, which means that I can come across as a bit uncaring, snobbish, shy, nitpicky, critical and pedantic, as well as the well known perfectionist. I would say that I used to be a bit like that, everything has to be just so, but the older I get the more disinclined for me to be like that. I don't know what that can be attributed to. I suppose in a way that can be associated with finding perfection on the inside rather than projecting to the outside environment. This also means that I am a hard worker, and whatever I may lack in self-confidence I make up in skill, talent and tenacity, I guess. I am patient when it comes to working on projects, but impatient with myself and others. I would say that Virgos can make good healers, and in some ways they are natural at this, as they are wanting to help people and in some ways to help them to "perfect" themselves. Insecurities, shyness and low self-esteem is a problem, but I need to overcome these to evolve. Part of the problem with being a Virgo, which can also come across as being worry, is that I spend too much time thinking about things and not doing them.

Mars in Virgo, I can lose patience with slow and inefficient people - how true!!

Bec

isthmus nekoi

Hey Bec, a stellium is when you have 3 or more planets conjunct in the same sign.

rainwolf

Just thought this was interesting....virgos like cereal at night as a meal :D

paradoxx

My accendant is 2Virgo (3 sabian), and my mercury is retrograde in cancer at 1 degree. Sicne my sun is Gemini, mercury dually affects me, and my energy fields go right along with my Mars in Gemini. My attention to detail is unmatched (or so I woudl like to think), and I do like dry cereal as a meal.

But as far as virgos and wheats and grains, I got my virgo cat to eat crackers and bread, although he is very calm about it unlike his reaction to meat (and speaking of meat, In fact I know some very aggressive Virgos (and other earth signs) who have their own opinion on their meat preference(come on, just be honest--it's more respectable)).

I guess I don't have much to say about virgo (imagine that), but some of my best allies and frieds are virgos. People with Mars in Virgo are hard for me to deal with while venus in virgo are more interesting. Mars in libra can be fun, but not as much as mars in scorpio (depending on the individuals of course.)

catlin

Ok, I've got Sun, Pluto, Mercury and Mars in Virgo but I cannot say that I am into things like accounting or any mathematical related stuff. Communication is vital to me and I am also very interested in health related matters (worked at a doctor's for nearly 3 years).

I am not so focused on money. I practically never ask "how much did you pay for that?" a question several of my fellow Virgoes never ommitted.

I am not so deep into Astrological matters, just have started with that.

Yes, I am over critical to myself and others, pretty unforgiving concerning "weaker" characters, tend to clash with authority (this is not Virgo typical?), stubborn (Virgo typical?), know-it-all (kind of Hermione Granger).

The monk

Stuck in Limbo!

Hi, i have Moon in Virgo in the tenth, and the house rulers of where my nodes sit, Gemini, and Sagittarius, being Jupiter and Mercury are conjunct the M.C in Virgo,10th house, but sadly square the Nodes both ways. Pluto is also conjunct M.C. so i get a mental picture of being stuck in a hole half way up from the underworld for aeons, throw me a rope, Ha Ha! Monk.

rcb30872

rainwolf said:
Just thought this was interesting....virgos like cereal at night as a meal :D
Very strange I know, but I tend to have what everyone else considered to be breakfasty stuff at night time, not really into cereal, but will have toast on occasions!