ATC AT ***Majors Only*** Deck Project

blackroseivy

I have a beautiful Caran d'Arches stock that is 140lb. - is that sufficient?

Oh wait, that's for the ORIGINAL!!! :p

For printing out, I'm going to have to use whatever they can put through the machine at the library - I'll have to look up card stock for the 'puter at Staples.

blackroseivy

*It's finished!!*

Just have to figure out the hard part, now - the printing of it...

I want to do it in color, which is .50c a sheet there. Laser-printing, though - very high quality. I have to talk to Tiffany who is in charge about what weight I can put through the machine.

euripides

chrisam-crystals said:
euripedes, i will be using whatever i find on my travels......images from magazines, food wrappers, feathers etc etc .......:)

jue xx

DO you mean for your original, or are you making 22 originals? I was going to use a combination of computer print and hand art on every card, but if everyone is doing computer prints of their cards, then that would be best for consistency.

DANUBHE - If the library won't handle thick enough paper, maybe we could arrange for you to email a high-res scan to a couple of us to print off for you.
My printer handles reasonably heavy card.

blackroseivy

WOW - now THAT would be a huge help, & thanx so much for the idea! :D I will pm you if it comes to that.

Gayla

Is 110 card stock paper sufficient to use for the printing?

Any recommendation on the type of paper to use which can be purchased at Office Depot, etc?

DraagonStorm

Gayla

I plan on using 110lb Card Stock that I get from Office Max....

I use that weight for my SpiroTarot and Oh, Wicked Wanda decks, but I do laminate those cards with 1.5 mil laminate. The 110lb will work, just not a stiff as we are use to.

BB
DraagonStorm

chrisam-crystals

i'm going to make the original out of whatever i lay my hands on, and then scan it and print off copies.

jue xx

OnePotato

Card Stock

I like Strathmore Bristol, either vellum or smooth (plate) finish.
It's a nice weight, with a nice snap to it.
Acid free, so it won't turn brown with age.
Very nice warm white color.
Relatively easy to find.
Comes in 20 sheet pads.
Slice with a razor blade for a nice clean edge.

It takes inkjet very well, though pretty much nothing takes it as well as photo paper. I think the beautiful surface quality is well worth the slight compromise from a true photo-quality image.

I used it for my little limited edition six years ago. I think it's held up pretty well.

I'm looking into polyurethane varnish as a more durable finish over inkjet.
I did an experiment with some retoucher's varnish, and it worked well, but I need to do some more testing and try some more readily available stuff.

blackroseivy

When I get my dex, I will be sealing them with Windsor & Newton "All-Purpose Varnish" - matte, because it doesn't get as slick; it gives a nice satin finish. As a suggestion for you! ;)