ATC AT ***Majors Only*** Deck Project

Eraserqueen

I am new to this board, but not new to ATC's. I was wondering if I could participate? :)

I would be interested in the Devil card. I do not have a good printer, but do not mind hand drawing the 22 cards. I would be using the Strathmore smooth bristol board.

DraagonStorm

Eraserqueen

You have the Devil... PM me about printing it out.

BB
DraagonStorm

euripides

Yeah, I'm glad the mod changed the title... I nearly had a fit when I went on the other thread and saw '78 cards'.... not ready for that! ... then realised it was a different project.

RE: CARDSTOCK
as far as I can see from responses so far, with differing budgets and geographical locations, its going to be unlikely for everyone to use the same paper. (I'd have to order mine from the USA - time and money won't allow that). There are -some- common brands that are available internationally (I'd expect that Kodak or Canson make a heavyweight photo/postcard stock that would be available everywhere) but we perhaps should have established this at the outset.

So I suggest considering three alternatives (feel free to add other options, I'm just brainstorming here:)

1. Select a specific card type (plaincards or something from Dick Blick) and request that everyone use that, and people who don't wish to use it can give this particular deck a miss, or, arrrange for someone who -can- use that paper to print their images for them.

2. Select a specific -range- of papers, naming several specific products. (This because some products that people have mentioned are quite divergent - heavy art paper rather than card, or thick illustration board, all of which feel very different) so that we are all in the same 'ball park'. Again, people can bow out or arrange for someone to print.

3. Agree that so long as the card is over a certain weight (eg 220 GSM), any product can be used.

We must also agree on whether:

1. All cards to be computer printed

2. Cards to be computer printed but may be hand coloured with permanent medium (ie not crayon, and spray fixative to be used)

3. Cards may be produced in any flat permanent medium. (ie all 22 may be hand-drawn in ink, acrylic, watercolour etc)

My personal preference is for the third option in both cases. Ideally I'd love a deck computer printed on identical stock for reading, but I feel that is unlikely and may cause admin hassles and expense for some members - I'd hate to miss out on somebody's lovely art because they can't afford expensive stock.

I'd like to add another suggestion: perhaps we can use AT, FlickR or someone's web space to upload high-res scans of our images, so that they can be printed out ourselves to make a uniform deck for use.

cheers
Euri

firecatpickles

euripides said:
... perhaps we can use AT, FlickR or someone's web space to upload high-res scans of our images, so that they can be printed out ourselves to make a uniform deck for use.
E-mailing one another will be the best bet. But please be sure not to Post E-mail addresses in your profiles or in any Forum.

Also, some work has been pirated in the past due to scans of artwork On-line.

KK

DraagonStorm

In response to Euri --

I hope I don't get all kinds of bad feedback on this... But here goes...

I ordered enough sheets of PlainCards to print out all 22 decks.... My math tells me, it will cost me around $5.00, in paper and ink, to print out one 22 card deck.... I myself would love it, if all the card stock was the same... It was something I mentioned in the original post before we went to this new post. Well, I am willing to print out the cards, but I just can't do it for free. And if I print the cards out, I also will not be getting the self-addressed postage-paid envelopes from each of you to mail the decks back so that would have to be a consideration also (But then you would not be paying the initial postage to me, to send your 22 cards).... I really wish I was rich, and could just say to everyone... send me you scan's I'll do the printing and send the decks back to you... But, I just can't... Just printing out the cards are going to cost me over $100.00 in paper and ink.

I will say, if we really want a uniform deck... I would say, use 'PlainCards', that's what I'm going to use. And I am willing to print out the cards if you don't have or can't get PlainCards, if I could get $5.00 to print the 22-cards, and then whatever the postage will be to mail the deck back to you. (that will depend on were you are from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, the deck will probably be somewhere around 7-8 oz, is my guess. Here in the US, the cost for postage, seems to be based on 'under 1lb'.)

The PlainCards that I have are the Coatable sheets, I am coating them with Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating 1303.

Just a suggestion, don't flame me, please..........
BB
DraagonStorm

euripides

Probably a bit risky ordering the cards before telling everyone, silly goose!

That said, I could probably do it if you have a decent printer, and I can paypal the cost of paper and postage. If you can accept paypal - I can't send OS money orders as they cost $10 each.

The downside of you printing them off is that we don't get a signed card - I thought the point of ATCs is that you get a unique signed artwork that has been in the hands of the artist.

- so in this respect I'm a bit dissapointed, as otherwise I might as well just have gotten everyone to send me a scan and print off myself, saving myself the postage costs. The point of the ATC deck for me is the art, I'm unlikely to actually read with it.

should have ironed this out early on!

Euri

Sheri

I will be getting the PlainCards as well, the exact thing that you got, DraagonStorm. Thanks for being the guinea pig for that. :D

I don't think there should be a problem if some people want to generate their cards via computer versus individually creating them and making each card, while the same image, an individual work of art (each would be priceless!).

I am willing to volunteer in any capacity that I can - just let me know what I can do!

valeria :D

DraagonStorm

Euri

Opps forgot about the signing.... As for ordering the cards, I have plans for them anyway, I'll just order more...

What I'll do is.... Print out the one's for who ever needs me to print them for them, and then go ahead and send those cards back to them to be signed. The shipping is around $2.00, I can handle that!... And that would solve the return envelope and postage when they sign and send them back to me..... Does that sound more like it?

DraagonStorm

Bat Chicken

I was planning on getting the PlainCards as well. I am on a MAC, so I am sure my set-up will be complicated! I like the idea of the cards being individually signed - that's the only thing that stops me from taking up Draagonstorm's suggestion....