awful periods

geministar

Hi Cheekyminx,

So have you decided what you are going to do? I highly agree with Star-willow and the others who mentioned a naturopath. If you choose to see a naturopath you'll have to look around to get someone good and who will put your body back into balance. I have seen a naturopath over the years for a number of things and have gotten great results. It also beats taking a chemical :)

Star-Willow

Sulis said:
I found this site for The Keeper in Australia: http://www.keeper.com.au/
and this one: http://www.moonpads.com.au/keeper.html

Wemoon is an Australian company that makes sanitary pads (I have some of their pads, they're excellent) so they may also know where you can get menstrual cups from in Aus: http://www.wemoon.com.au/

If you prefer a Mooncup then I'm sure that you could buy one from the UK site and they'll send it to you: http://www.mooncup.co.uk/index.html

You could also try ebay as there are ebay shops that sell them.
They're available in chemists such as Boots now in the UK.
Thanks for all of these links, Sulis... I'm going to buy a Mooncup. After reading the information on the 'keeper' site, I'm pretty confident that it will be a good thing for me :) Aswell as the enviro side of it all too :)

silverlyn said:
Star: What's the 'potion' made with you drink?

Silverlyn, I caught up with my *Angel* today and got a rundown on what is in my potion..... it has Bupleurum, Schizandra, Licorice, Siberian Ginseng, Withania, Gotu Kola, Black Cohosh, Chaste Tree and she adds Marshmallow to smooth it out a bit so I can take it! It's pretty potent but it's working wonders for me :)

thorhammer

There's also the Rad Pads, which I have been using for years now (about two and a half years, and I've yet to have to replace them). I'd rave about them to anyone who cares to listen, and I believe that my symptoms are less because of not wearing synthetic pads. Also, as Star* said, the enviro benefits are wonderful.

\m/ Kat

greenbeans

I think I must be a little weird- I have enjoyed this thread way too much!!

It is so good to read shared experiences and get advice from others. I will definitely give some of these things a go- crystals, teas and cloth pads (for added safety with my mooncup).

I suppose we don't often get to talk about such things openly- I know most of the women in my acquaintance will wrinkle their noses at the idea of menstrual cups or washable pads, and laugh at the idea of anything other than a painkiller working. Well, we've shared in a mature and open fashion, hopefully for the good of our health and the planet!

Thank you to all the wonderful women of AT!

(Idea- maybe we could set up a 'Red Tent' thread where we share monthly problems and help- might have to set it up in subscriber section though as it'd stray beyond herbs)

Star-Willow

greenbeans said:
I think I must be a little weird- I have enjoyed this thread way too much!!

Not at all!

greenbeans said:
It is so good to read shared experiences and get advice from others. I will definitely give some of these things a go- crystals, teas and cloth pads (for added safety with my mooncup).

I for one would not have learnt about the *mooncup* if this thread had not have been started, for this I am thankful!

greenbeans said:
I suppose we don't often get to talk about such things openly- I know most of the women in my acquaintance will wrinkle their noses at the idea of menstrual cups or washable pads, and laugh at the idea of anything other than a painkiller working. Well, we've shared in a mature and open fashion, hopefully for the good of our health and the planet!

You are so right greenbeans, unfortunately our society is one where such things are not openly talked about and shared enough. I expect the same kind of reaction from a few of my friends too, they'll no doubt think that it's just me being a *hippy* and that's ok because that is what I am and the more *alternate* the better....

greenbeans said:
Thank you to all the wonderful women of AT!

I second that!

greenbeans said:
(Idea- maybe we could set up a 'Red Tent' thread where we share monthly problems and help- might have to set it up in subscriber section though as it'd stray beyond herbs)
This would be great, because there is so much more to it than just what's been discussed on this thread.... I'm thinking, Moon Rites, it's a book that I am reading at the moment :)

cheekyminx

Thanks (again) for all the replies :D

I've got the shits with work LOL So am waiting for things to get sorted out before I can think about anything else. I start my studies on the 11 Feb and am hoping to change my work hours, but nothing has been done about it, yet. But any way....

Thanks again

greenbeans

re: starting a 'red tent' thread

I want to do this. I think I'd find it helpful and surely so would others...this IS a predominately female forum after all! But...should it go in Chat or Spirituality?? I think it would mainly cover the practicalities but there is a spiritual side too...hmm...

OK, I'm putting it in Spirituality, no doubt a Mod will move it if I'm wrong!

Just to explain:

Many cultures used to seperate women into a tent or hut during their 'time of the month'. Perhaps because menstruation was considered 'taboo' by the menfolk.

In the novel ‘The Red Tent’ by Anita Diamant the women retreat together into the tent once a month to talk and worship together. This presents the monthly retreat as a positive place for women to let off steam, relax, discuss problems, reflect, meditate and tune into their more spiritual and creative side. I really hope this is something the womenfolk of AT will be able to do!

Here's the thread:http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1337418#post1337418

Silverlyn

Wow, look how fast this thread has taken off?:)

YES, I've posted over in The Rent Tent already, Great idea, greenbeans!

I've also more excellent info to post there regarding female issues,etc. too!

Hugs to cheeky for starting this educational, fun thread and hugs to greenbeans for the new thread!

Mods: I think we should have a pinned topic above The Red Tent with the links of helpful products, information regarding certain topics/issues. You can post disclaimers with them as well.

Off to The Red Tent!

Silverlyn