Baby/Child Animal Totem readings...

souljourney

I did a reading for a friend who is pregnant using one of my animal oracle decks. She has decided that those will be some of the first stuffed animals she gets for him. Also I'm doing a collage/picture of them for his room.
She's asked I do totem readings for her 6 and 8 year old so that she can have some guidance and also maybe help with things such as gift giving this year.

See this thread... http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=108908

I am offering readings of this type... and the reading will be more detailed that the quick description given on the above thread.
If anyone is interested let me know... also let me know the age of the child.

Azarial

I would love one. The child is 11 years old, his name is Ransom.

franniee

I would love one as well.... my daughter is 5.

I see animals in people. I was in this native american store and saw a picture of the owner's son and I blurted out :rolleyes: I see a wolf. The father said.... I had dreams of wolves while he was inutero....

I would love to see what you see with my daughter - her name begins with the letter I.

Thank you.

souljourney

Azarial and Fran...
Would love to do these. I will be this evening before I get to them.
SJ

souljourney

Az's Reading

Here is your reading for Ransom. Great name by the way...

I just felt compelled to pull 4 cards instead of 3. I don't get as strong a feeling of belonging about the 3rd card... or maybe it was just he had to have the 4th one.
I used the Animal Dreaming Oracle... one of my favs.
The cards are:
Eagle - Spirit. Here is the opportunity to have faith in something bigger than one's self. Spirit is definitely watching over him. He would do well to investigate spiritual paths... many different ones.
Hawk - Messages. He not only is one to receive messages in many forms but be able to give them. Not all messages are in a letter, email, or spoken. He has the ability to receive them from his intuition. He needs to be open to them. He also may have messages for you so listen to him.
Whale - Record-keeper. He is grounded in where he comes from. Also this could be he could learn from remembering past lives. Whale is one who communicates over amazing distance, so if Ransom feels the need to communicate or is uncertain about how, Whale will help him. Also I would suggest music or singing.
Lizard - Daydreaming. This so easily goes along with Spirit and Messages ( Eagle and Hawk). Daydreaming can be the "conscious" way in which we receive insight/intuition/messages from Spirit. Just be cautious that he doesn't spend to much time here. Reality needs to come first... but daydreaming can help with relaxation and figuring out what dreams he wants to become reality.

I also got a flash that maybe a lizard would make a good pet for him. He is about the right age. Bearded Dragons are awesome.

These animals seem to go so well together... communication and getting messages. Messages from Spirit. Daydreaming as a way to communicate the messages from Spirit. Daydreaming as meditation and planning communication.
Nice thing too is that all of these animals are easy to find pictures of, see in zoos and some in nature and find in figurines and toys.

Let me know what you think...

Azarial

Here is your reading for Ransom. Great name by the way...
Thank you! I like to be original! LOL

Eagle - Spirit. Here is the opportunity to have faith in something bigger than one's self. Spirit is definitely watching over him. He would do well to investigate spiritual paths... many different ones.
I am happy that he is being watched over. He is going through a very difficult time in his life right now, and he really needs the extra help from Spirit.

Hawk - Messages. He not only is one to receive messages in many forms but be able to give them. Not all messages are in a letter, email, or spoken. He has the ability to receive them from his intuition. He needs to be open to them. He also may have messages for you so listen to him.
He says that spirits talk to him, and I'm honestly not sure what to think about it because he also has Bipolar I with psychotic features. Sometimes I've wondered if maybe he isn't really Bipolar, and he is just in a different level than the rest of us.

Whale - Record-keeper. He is grounded in where he comes from. Also this could be he could learn from remembering past lives. Whale is one who communicates over amazing distance, so if Ransom feels the need to communicate or is uncertain about how, Whale will help him. Also I would suggest music or singing.
He has a lot of trouble communicating, so this makes sense.

Lizard - Daydreaming. This so easily goes along with Spirit and Messages ( Eagle and Hawk). Daydreaming can be the "conscious" way in which we receive insight/intuition/messages from Spirit. Just be cautious that he doesn't spend to much time here. Reality needs to come first... but daydreaming can help with relaxation and figuring out what dreams he wants to become reality.
He has daydreaming down to an artform! I also did too when I was a kid and even now. Sometiems I have a lot of trouble pulling him out of the dreamland and back into reality, because he can just spend hours thinking of all kinds of things.

I also got a flash that maybe a lizard would make a good pet for him. He is about the right age. Bearded Dragons are awesome.
Oh he would love this!

These animals seem to go so well together... communication and getting messages. Messages from Spirit. Daydreaming as a way to communicate the messages from Spirit. Daydreaming as meditation and planning communication.
Yes, it all goes very well together. Thank you so much for the reading, and I will incorporate some of these animals into his room!

souljourney

A couple of things stood out to me...
1. He says spirits talk to him... well could be, or like you said, could be something else psychiatric. You also said he has trouble communicating. He is old enough to journal or blog. Have him write up what the spirits tell him, how he feels about it, etc.
2. Daydreaming... possibly if he had activities to participate in, or more than he has already, he would be more grounded in reality. Sports... solitary if he's not into team stuff, like track or swimming. Something with music would be good.
3. Music specifically could really be good for him since it's a way to communicate feeling without words, plus it helps their IQ even. If he gets to the point of writing lyrics it might really help.
4. I would suggest against fantasy games, etc. Unfortunately this might be hard to do. You might not tell him he can't play D&D or role playing games, but you can make sure you don't buy them for him and others don't buy him these type of toys. The challenge will be with his friends. I feel if he is already somewhat "escapist" and daydreamy to the degree you say this might become obsessive to him.
5. Theatre might be something good. It is "fiction" but in a very structured way.
Just some ideas...

souljourney

Fran's Reading

Got your reading done tonight for you daughter.
I used the Animal Dreaming Deck. This deck is from an Australian author so some of the animals in the deck are not familiar ones. There are a TON of birds I've never heard of for example.
Anyway... on to the reading.
This first card flipped out of the deck at me so I feel it must be really strong... that is
Owl - Deception, or Hidden. Not necessarily bad. Remember these animals are here to help. Owl will help her to see what is beneath the surface, "are peoples motives true?" for example. She will be able to recognize deception and hypocrisy. She not a child to be lied to about why she can't have or do something... so make sure you tell her "why" for real. She will be able to see what others miss about a situation... this will come in handy in work situations later in life. I feel this animal is a real Power animal for her.
The next 2 are not animals common to the US so I did some research on them along with looking at the book's meanings to get a better "feel" for their message.
Wombat - Gentle Aggression. Personally I think these guys are super cute. They can be somewhat tame, BUT can be aggressive if needed. They tend to have a more passive defense when attacked though. (look at the wikipedia article for more info). So what does this animal mean for your daughter... she needs to not be outwardly aggressive or attacking first. Her best course of action is to be assertive first and rational at trying to get her point across. Irrational action is not in her best interest. Wombat will help her from "hitting the roof" if upset or angry.
Echidna- Personal Protection. These look like hedgehogs with the snout of an anteater. Again take a look a wikipedia. Just as a hedgehog does these curl up in a ball of spines to protect itself. Echidna encourages your daughter to protect herself, but be wary that she doesn't shut out people who want to help her. She needs to learn to not always be "prickly", but be able to when needed.

Interesting group of animals.
I think because your daughter is going to be able to see others for who they really are she won't be fooled and therefore will feel the need to protect herself. She likely will want to tell others they aren't "pure of heart or motive" instead of letting them be but knowing the truth. This ability is going to make her likely to distrust people to some degree so it is ultimately important you be honest and make sure those in her life are truthful with good intentions also.
Owl helps he to see deeper, but Wombat and Echidna help her to protect herself and learn to be rational and truly seek those she can trust.

Hope this was helpful. I know you can find all sorts of Owl items, and pictures of the other two are easily found on the internet. Finding toys, etc. may be more challenging. I'd look on the internet, likely in Australia.
Let me know what you think...

franniee

Thank you souljourney.

souljourney said:
Owl - Deception, or Hidden. Not necessarily bad. Remember these animals are here to help. Owl will help her to see what is beneath the surface, "are peoples motives true?" for example. She will be able to recognize deception and hypocrisy. She not a child to be lied to about why she can't have or do something... so make sure you tell her "why" for real. She will be able to see what others miss about a situation... this will come in handy in work situations later in life. I feel this animal is a real Power animal for her.
The next 2 are not animals common to the US so I did some research on them along with looking at the book's meanings to get a better "feel" for their message.

She is perceptive. I have this quality in spades. I was born with it! I do believe she has it as well. I always tell her the truth and I speak to her as an adult - always have.

souljourney said:
Wombat - Gentle Aggression. Personally I think these guys are super cute. They can be somewhat tame, BUT can be aggressive if needed. They tend to have a more passive defense when attacked though. (look at the wikipedia article for more info). So what does this animal mean for your daughter... she needs to not be outwardly aggressive or attacking first. Her best course of action is to be assertive first and rational at trying to get her point across. Irrational action is not in her best interest. Wombat will help her from "hitting the roof" if upset or angry.

I have to tell you I think you picked up on me! My best course of action is to be assertive first....which is not my nature and rationality when I am upset is difficult! I hit the roof. Very difficult when I have been triggered to calm down. I will watch for these traits in my daughter and try and teach her the right way.... hopefully through her I will learn the better way.

souljourney said:
Echidna- Personal Protection. These look like hedgehogs with the snout of an anteater. Again take a look a wikipedia. Just as a hedgehog does these curl up in a ball of spines to protect itself. Echidna encourages your daughter to protect herself, but be wary that she doesn't shut out people who want to help her. She needs to learn to not always be "prickly", but be able to when needed.

She isn't prickly. Again, she is 5 but she is not prickly - she is tentative at times in new situations or with new adults but she jumps in after a bit..... like jumping rope... takes her a second to get her groove and then she is in. :D

souljourney said:
Interesting group of animals.
I think because your daughter is going to be able to see others for who they really are she won't be fooled and therefore will feel the need to protect herself. She likely will want to tell others they aren't "pure of heart or motive" instead of letting them be but knowing the truth. This ability is going to make her likely to distrust people to some degree so it is ultimately important you be honest and make sure those in her life are truthful with good intentions also.
Owl helps he to see deeper, but Wombat and Echidna help her to protect herself and learn to be rational and truly seek those she can trust.

souljourney I think this reading is for me! :D Although she and I are alike in many ways. I will help her as you suggest and myself as well. thank you!

BTW she has a huge book of animals... loves to read about them and learn about them! This week it has been the vampire bat and the sand cat and the orca. :)

souljourney

Franniee,
It could be that you posses a lot of these qualities and you are going to teach them to her... so these are animals she can learn from. I'm sure she has other animal guides as well. We all do and some of them come and go as we need them. I feel like OWL is always going to be with her. The other 2 may be for a period later in life more than now, but are still things to keep in mind as she grows.