back up copies of decks and regrets

aceofhearts

I have added the google image search to favourites. I am doing a search at the moment on Mantegna. thank you.

Grizabella

At my age, I have doubts that I'd wear out any of my decks except the Victorian Romantic and I've already gotten a second one for a spare of that. I'm as vigilant over my decks as I am over the grandkids I'm raising---I watch them like a hawk to keep them safe---so I probably won't lose any decks. I guess there's theft and fire and flood, but those aren't terribly likely.

When I get a deck I really, really like, though, I do have the tendency to immeditately think, "Oh my gosh! I have to get another one of these!" I firmly discipline myself back into sanity, though.

I do regret having traded some of the decks I used to have, though, that were out of print and I didn't know it or that soon went out of print. That's when I had a talk with myself and said, "Listen, Self, you're an old lady, you didn't use that deck regularly, you're not a collector, now get a grip!"

kmusky

I regret buying the sorcerer's tarot. Some of the cards made absolutely no sense to me. The Ten of Pentacles, in particular, stood out as not even being close to the traditional meaning.

rwcarter

kmusky said:
I regret buying the sorcerer's tarot. Some of the cards made absolutely no sense to me. The Ten of Pentacles, in particular, stood out as not even being close to the traditional meaning.
Not take to the thread off topic, but I just said yesterday that when using LoS decks, one has to not try to force RWS meanings onto them cause they usually don't fit.

And FTR, I have backup copies of lots of decks, some that I intentionally bought, some that were parts of "lot of tarot decks" auctions that I won off eBay and a large number that were given to me by an ATer who's culling her collection. I don't regret a single one. The decks I don't particularly want or need copies of will go up for trade and/or become A Nonny Mouse gifts in the near future.

Rodney

All Is One

Hello to kmusky...nice to see new members posting :)

MareSaturni

I only have a few back-ups, and they are of absolutely favorite decks:
Mythic, RWS, Playing Card Oracles and Good Witch Bad Witch. Why? Well...these are the deck i use most, i carry them in my purse. The have big chances of getting damaged, or mugged. I can't deny i live in a country where we have a great amount of violence, and you can have your stuffed robbed anywhere.

My Mythic and RWS are petty worn. So a copy to make sure i still have them in a few years, lol (speacially now that the old Mythic will be OOP soon)

Some of this decks are HTF here, like the GWBW.

The PCO...i have three copies of the deck. I know, pathetic, but i get the feeling this deck won't last long, you know? It didn't get many fans out there, unfortunately.
And if the deck DOES go OOP, i'd like an extra copy to give to someone i think might enjoy it :)

And right now, i don't feel i need any other duplicated. Except, perhaps, for the Housewives Tarot...i LOVE the deck! Love it! And it's also HTF here. It's the only i deck i'd still consider gettng a second copy of.

I only get copies of deck i use and love - that makes sure i don't waste money on duplicates of a deck i won't even like that much. That's my advice to anyone...don't buy a second copy of any deck until you love the copy you already got.

aceofhearts

I am not sure what the abbreviations mean for GWBW,PCO,FTR.
when I purchased back ups I never buy more than one back up copy. I like to keep a back up so I have a personal copy and one I can use frequently. I have had the lamainate peel off of decks and not been able to get a back up so with some of the laminated decks I have back ups. I only do that if I am using the deck a lot at the time and it is my main deck or if the deck is at alow price somewhere.

Mariana

aceofhearts said:
I am not sure what the abbreviations mean for GWBW,PCO,FTR.
I think: Good Witch Bad Witch (oracle), Playing Cards Oracle, for the record. Hope this helps...

aceofhearts

thank you Mariana. I was just doing a search to try to find the meanings. That has made it a whole lot easier.

rwcarter

FTR is For the record.