back up copies of decks and regrets

Sulis

Moderator note

Can I just remind you that abbreviations should only be used for really, really well known decks (with known abbreviations); I'm thinking of RWS for Rider-Waite-Smith or TdM for Tarot de Marseille as examples.

Folks really can't be expected to know what abbreviations such as PCO and GWBW are (I know I certainly don't).

Please take the time to write out the deck name in full - it really makes these threads easier to read if you do.

Thanks,
Sulis -co-moderator - Talking Tarot

Sinduction

I read her entire post where she first introduced the full names and then abbreviated them later. I was able to understand it, but then I always read entire posts. :D

I only have one back up deck (the Gilded) and it's the one I use the most. I really don't see the need to have multiple copies. I see it as some sort of hoarding disorder. And I've been guilty of it too.

By the time Ciro's last deck is out I will have to be down to his three decks per an agreement I made with my partner. I'm looking forward to not having the need for more hang over my head. It's such an easy trap to fall into.

aceofhearts

I have the Good witch bad witch I didnt realise the abbreviation and feel a little embarassed by it lol. I find the deck fascinating and cute at the same time. I like the idea that it has rituals you can try alongside the deck.I tried the apple and rose spell from the deck but I am yet to try others.
One deck I wouldnt buy a back up for is the love tarot. I was given it as a gift and realised I was single but it really did state I was single by receiving it! "here go find love hope it predicts someone special for you" gee...thanks.
I did buy a back up for frouds fairies and I dont have any regrets because I used the deck so much that the edges were showing signs of being well loved.
I have a back of the cosmic but I havent ever used the deck. I only have a back up because I bought it and someone else bought me it for my birthday. I dont have an affinity with it. I saw the HP card and thought well its rather good isnt it.
I have now come to the conclusion check the full card listing,reviews. Then Patiently....wait and wait abit more. Then you will find the good and bad points from peoples use of the deck and if you are really sure you want the deck then go for it.
I am now wishing I had looked before I leaped but still we learn from our mistakes and so I am learning now. Then again I dont see them as mistakes of such because they are investments and they are art. Someone has taken time to put love into those cards and had the guts to pull it through and tie it up into a neat bundle a deck thats tangible to use.

I like have choice and so with back ups I have choice I can use a deck to the max and really enjoy it whereas I would be worrying it would fall apart from use and...Id feel a little bit guilty about it.

Thanks Sulis, I apologise for not knowing the abbreviations as it makes typing for others a lot harder. Thanks for your patience there.

VGimlet

I accidentaly bought another copy of the Labyrinth Tarot. I for some reason I had forgotten I owned it.

I almost got extra copies of the Diamond and another deck at the same time. Yikes!

aceofhearts

Labyrinth Tarot isnt a bad buy, I would be happy to have a Louis Royo in my collection. There is one problem in that I find some of the work a little too racey.

I wish I was thinking straight in the time of the Greenwood and Glastonbury deck. I dont have either. I once saw the two for £40 and it was at a time I couldnt stretch for it. I instead bought a lower priced deck for £10.00.

Hemera

Sulis said:
Can I just remind you that abbreviations should only be used for really, really well known decks (with known abbreviations); I'm thinking of RWS for Rider-Waite-Smith or TdM for Tarot de Marseille as examples.

Folks really can't be expected to know what abbreviations such as PCO and GWBW are (I know I certainly don't).

Please take the time to write out the deck name in full - it really makes these threads easier to read if you do.

Thanks,
Sulis -co-moderator - Talking Tarot

Thank you for the reminder, Sulis.
I think that many of us non-native English users appreciate that as we already have our hands full with all your "normal" abbreviations : LOL, ROFL,WTF, FYI, FWIW etc. :D