Biggest challenge when reading for others?

Kate30

What is your biggest challenge when doing a Tarot reading for someone other than yourself?

For me, its taking on the other person's nervous energy. Sometimes I find myself getting nervous and out of breath all of a sudden during a reading for no particular reason.

Emma_Leviathan

I think the biggest challenge for me is to actually talk out loud and give a reading in person or the phone. I don't think I get nervous, but I just feel that I don't make any sense. I feel A LOT better if I have it alll written down for them.

Kris Hughes

Emma - I often feel that my email clients get the best deal. Not only clearly written, but they can read it again and again.

For me, the toughest thing is trying to help people be open! Too many come looking for an already preconceived or hoped-for answer to one thing that they are not open to all the really helpful things a reading can offer them.

Legion

once, this guy wanted me to read him about his emotions. he said that he didn't have any. turns out hewas only really stubborn and narrowminded. in fact, too stubborn and narrowminded to listten to anything I said.

Chiriku

Keeping within time parameters. I have a lot to say on any given subject, the cards in someone's reading being no exception.

This is not such a problem with one-on-one readings that someone pre-arranged with me. But at an event or party with successive querents, it's a killer.

Mellaenn

For me, the toughest thing is trying to help people be open! Too many come looking for an already preconceived or hoped-for answer to one thing that they are not open to all the really helpful things a reading can offer them.

Yes, I agree, this is a tough one. When I do readings at psychic fairs and I only have a 15 or 30 minutes this is indeed a challenge. In my introductory spiel as the cards are being shuffled I try to let them know that there are many possible futures but only so many probably futures - and based on what they do, those probably futures can still be effected by current choices.

WyrdRaven

My biggest challenge: Paying attention to my intuition when I get an inclination NOT to read for someone, and following through on it. Whenever I ignore that small voice/nudge tugging at the edge of my subconscious, I deeply regret it later.

Grizabella

When I was first reading for others....and sometimes still....saying what first comes to my mind is a challenge, but most of the time, it's that first flash of insight that's right on the money. It's that first thought that flies to mind and often, my rational mind tells me, "Oh no! Don't say that! That can't be right!"

The nervousness and loss of breath you feel, Kate, is probably just anxiety. I get that, too, in various situations, Tarot and otherwise. Taking a deep breath or two and steadying your mind will usually take care of it.

Cenozoic

I get out-of-breath and nervous too sometimes. Usually it's caused by anxiety to speak, or potentially say the wrong thing. Other times it's just absorbing that persons nervous energy into yourself without realizing you're doing so. Often I feel things without knowing where they're coming from. Meditating to ground your own energy prior to reading should help out with this.

PAMUYA

What is your biggest challenge when doing a Tarot reading for someone other than yourself?

For me, its taking on the other person's nervous energy. Sometimes I find myself getting nervous and out of breath all of a sudden during a reading for no particular reason.

My biggest challenge is to have the client format a question that isn't a yes/no question. Clients want 'black or white', tarot isn't like that. I also have flashes of insights that I sometimes hold back, thinking I could be wrong.