Book of Law Study Group 2.47

Grigori

46. Dost thou fail? Art thou sorry? Is fear in thine heart?
47. Where I am these are not.

And the reverse I think, where these are, Hadit is not/cannot.

I'm reminded of earlier verses where Hadit was described as residing in the Heart of Nuit, and also the Heart of each of us. This is an idea that appeals to me as it is consistent with the Taoist idea of the Shen, the highest of the 5 spirits and the one that resides in the Heart, the primary Fire organ of Chinese philosophy.

I've been working from Orpheus' book recently, and while his Nu-Sphere ritual didn't appeal to me in practice, I did really like one part which I've modified a little to suit myself and adapted back into my practice of the LBRP.

"Around me flame the stars of Nuit
and within me burns the star of Hadit"

Hopefully to the exclusion of some of my weaknesses that I would rather be without.

Aeon418

Grigori said:
I've been working from Orpheus' book recently, and while his Nu-Sphere ritual didn't appeal to me in practice,
I don't like it either. I stuck with it for over a month, but never developed any feeling for it. Going back to the LBRP was like putting on an old pair of comfortable shoes. :laugh:
Grigori said:
I did really like one part which I've modified a little to suit myself and adapted back into my practice of the LBRP.

"Around me flame the stars of Nuit
and within me burns the star of Hadit"
I didn't even like that bit. I prefer the column in the circle symbolism . It's more lingam-yoni. ;)

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
I didn't even like that bit. I prefer the column in the circle symbolism . It's more lingam-yoni. ;)

I don't know, Hadit within me, Nuit around me. Makes me feel like a great big cosmic condom :laugh:

Aeon418

To fail is to fall short. This ties in with what has been said about Sin in earlier threads. To sin is to miss the mark and fall short of the target. The bow used to fire the Arrow of Aspiration on the path of Samekh is QShT. (See the Tree of Life and try to visualise those paths as bow strings and the shaft of an arrow.)

QShT = 800. The same value as Peh final (The Tower). This is significant when you remember that the word of sin is restriction.
Liber LXV I:65. So was it—ever the same! I have aimed at the peeled wand of my God, and I have hit; yea, I have hit.