Brain Teaser Tarot Question...

yisraelatarot

OIC ! Ok, thanks.
And I have no clue. But I stumbled across a page today where the 5 of cups reminds me of the Fool card that I saw...
http://www.beanettles.com/works/tarot/knights.php
They have called the card 5 of cups. I've no clue why though as it looks like the Fool to me. And he's facing the direction of the fool card in my dream.
Thanks y'all :)

caridwen

Ok y'all.......
I had a dream last night that I'm trying to figure out.
The Angels were talking to me about what is about to happen in my life. And I was having trouble holding on to what they were telling me. So I asked them to tell me with the Tarot cards. And they did.
One card I have figured out.
But the other card I'm wrestling with. I can't figure it out. It *felt like* a Major Arcana but that doesn't mean that it for sure was one.
It was a *Smokey* card. Does that make sense?
I could see the smoke wafts.... like smoke from a cigarette. The Angels told the that the card means "A move/travel"....
Any clue what card this could be y'all?
(P.S. It's not The Fool.... that card was also on the table and I could SEE that one LOL)

Death? Smoking is equated with Death and it certainly means a journey.:)

tarotcognito

Death? Smoking is equated with Death and it certainly means a journey.:)

LOL! That's rich, caridwen, I love it. :thumbsup:

The Death card was the first card that popped in my head, followed very quickly by the Six of Swords. Smoke could be interpreted as a symbolic veil, sort of along the same lines as the veil in the High Priestess card, but as a division between current situation and the possibility of moving beyond that. Both suggest the idea of movement, though in my books, movement in the Death card hasn't actually happened yet.

Just my two cents. :)

Grizabella

The destruction of the Tower would leave smoke wafting through the air. And if the edifice in which you've been living is destroyed, you would need to move/travel to another location. (Looking at it metaphorically, if your false foundation has been destroyed, you must "move" to another location where you can build a new, true foundation.)

HTH,
Rodney

A sudden, unexpected need to move is what the Tower meant to me, personally. However, it was a move that wasn't a pleasant one and didn't end in a wonderful place. It was a very humbling experience and that's what that kind of move means to me.

Even though humility is definitely a virtue, it can be very humiliating in the process of getting there, if that makes any sense. Sure makes sense to me, since I've experienced it!