can someone tell me tha name of this deck?

etherial dreams

In the Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett there is an image of a deck of cards on page 46 but it doesn't say which deck it is and I really like it. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Natasha

Kathy24

etherial dreams said:
In the Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett there is an image of a deck of cards on page 46 but it doesn't say which deck it is and I really like it. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Natasha

In the back of the book under Acknowledgments she states that the tarot images are from Lo Scarabeo, but she doesn't designate which deck. Hmmm, I think if you went on Lo Scarabeo's website or maybe Llewellyn, you might be able to find the images. :)

karen0205

can you scan the picture? I don't have that book to see what card you are looking for

Stormdancer

K...I have the book...and a scanner that I can't figure out how to use. The cards shown are the Strengthe and Lovers. Strength is a cat...orange-ish...holding a spear and a chalice. There is what looks like a bobcat to me in the lower left corner.

Lovers ...female on the left has some kind of bird type headress and darker skin, the male on the right has paler skin and some sort of leafy headress. There is a caduceaus between them, like in the typical 2 of cups. this card is also orange-ish....

The acknowledgments at the end are confusing...I dont' think this is a lo scaraboro deck

Sorry i can't be of more help

Stormdancer

Kathy24

stormdancer339 said:
K...I have the book...and a scanner that I can't figure out how to use. The cards shown are the Strengthe and Lovers. Strength is a cat...orange-ish...holding a spear and a chalice. There is what looks like a bobcat to me in the lower left corner.

Lovers ...female on the left has some kind of bird type headress and darker skin, the male on the right has paler skin and some sort of leafy headress. There is a caduceaus between them, like in the typical 2 of cups. this card is also orange-ish....

The acknowledgments at the end are confusing...I dont' think this is a lo scaraboro deck

Sorry i can't be of more help

Stormdancer

You might be right, when I flipped through the pages with other tarot cards on there, she does state which deck they come from, but on page 46 she didn't state the deck.

rwcarter

Kathy24 said:
In the back of the book under Acknowledgments she states that the tarot images are from Lo Scarabeo, but she doesn't designate which deck. Hmmm, I think if you went on Lo Scarabeo's website or maybe Llewellyn, you might be able to find the images. :)
If you look a little lower down that page in the Octopus Publishing section, the images on Page 46 are attributed to Ian Parsons. Looking at his other credits, he must've photographed those cards.

I can tell you what deck is isn't though - the Laura Tuan/Sergio Tisselli Native American Tarot. I don't have any other Lo Scarabeo Native American decks in my collection. If it is Native American, I can't find it either here at AT or at Tarot Garden.

Rodney

MysticalMoose

Im just looking at page 46 of the Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett & those 2 cards are most definitely The Lovers & Strength from The Greenwood Tarot. Beautiful!!!

MM :heart:

deb13b

Oh I love the greenwood, I hope one day I get to own a copy.