Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt

Cenz

This new deck is debuting in 2009.I like what i see from this link:
http://www.thefairytaletarot.com/gallery.html
The images remind me of childhood time, when we all still very much fascinated by fairy tale world.
But, i'm not sure whether this will be a readable deck.I've never even heard of Little Ida's Flowers before, i'll be having a hard time relating to it.
I love Lisa's hunt deck, i do.The images are deep and beautiful, but i'm struggling with it, just like my Animals Divine deck.
Would like to hear others opinion about this upcoming deck. :)

rabidwolfie

I adore the Shape Shifter's tarot & have done some wonderful readings with it. I'd like to get her mythical creatures, as I think it will make a nice oracle deck.
This deck, however, despite being made using characters most of us have grown up loving, holds no promise for me. I hope it's better than my predictions, but I don't see it as more than a collector's deck.

HearthCricket

Oh my goodness! Lisa...you are doing a beautiful job on this! The 7 dwarves, the Goose Girl, and my favourite~The Country Mouse and the City Mouse (which I think will lead you onto yet another deck!) are absolutely lovely! Everytime I see these cards I just pull out some fairytales and read them and then want to watch all my fairy tale movies and The Brothers Grimm!

Going back to the Country Mouse and the City Mouse...

I am in the process of reading a few bios on Beatrix Potter which makes me wish someone would do the honours of making a Beatrix Potter deck, or a Wind in the Willows deck, or something of that nature. You just hit it on the nail with that card, perfectly! You are THE artist to do it! No pressure, or anything. :D :D :D

xx

lunakasha

I am REALLY looking forward to this deck....all of the cards I have seen are gorgeous.
My favorite one has to be Puss in Boots~ he is a real charmer!

I can't wait....2009 is going to be a very good year for tarot decks I think.

:) Luna

punchinella

Mmmn--this one's probably going to work for me. I've been waiting for a fairytale deck--with any artistic ability, I would have already created one! I notice that some of her choices are the same as Inner Child. Interesting.

The art is a bit more raw than the baba fairytale deck, which for me translates into greater readability. The baba deck is gorgeous to look at, but something about the images being so polished makes it (for me at least) tougher to connect with. The art here is done with a looser hand, which I prefer for reading. Oh my, another deck to covet & await . . .

(And, I'm supposed to be idsing & not even browsing this forum :| )

Jewel

I love Lisa's artwork and have all of her decks as a consequence of that. What I am most excited about this deck is if I recall in this one she is making wands fire and swords air, which is my preference in elemental correspondences. Unfortunately I seem to connect with them for reading purposes and have ended up keeping them for the art.

I just hope it comes with a companion book that includes the name of the fairy tale represented and how the tale corresponds to the card depicted.

I got real spoiled with baba's Fairytale Tarot which I love (and can read with). It is a deck that takes some working with and studying but is well worth it.

Myrrha

Does anyone else think that Lisa Hunt's art style has changed a bit with this deck? The painting for "Little Ida's Flowers" looks more polished to me than her previous work. So does the "Town Mouse and the Country Mouse" The mouse painting I almost wouldn't recognize as her work if I didn't know. The "Snow Queen" painting and the "Goose Girl" , I would know them as her work but still they look different somehow.

This will be a gorgeous deck. I wish they could be published with larger cards though. This artwork is so detailed it needs and deserves larger cards! Even a little bit, like 1/4 inch in each direction larger with no borders would help so much.

Cenz said:
But, i'm not sure whether this will be a readable deck.I've never even heard of Little Ida's Flowers before, i'll be having a hard time relating to it.
I hadn't heard of this tale either. Some of the choices, like the Emperor's New Clothes for the Tower card and Fisherman and His Wife for Eight of Cups seem so perfect and thought-provoking. Maybe Lisa Hunt chose an obscure tale because it fitted the meaning of the card perfectly? She has a degree in Jungian studies or something like that so she's probably pretty familiar with a range of stories and what they mean in terms of the human psyche. I'm expecting it to be a deep and readable deck.

WolfSpirit

Myrrha said:
Does anyone else think that Lisa Hunt's art style has changed a bit with this deck? The painting for "Little Ida's Flowers" looks more polished to me than her previous work. So does the "Town Mouse and the Country Mouse" The mouse painting I almost wouldn't recognize as her work if I didn't know. The "Snow Queen" painting and the "Goose Girl" , I would know them as her work but still they look different somehow.

I agree about the two mice card, that looks more crisp and more like another artist's work, no wonder HearthCricket was reminded of Wind in the Willows.
I find it sort of fitting for a Fairytale deck, that is of course fantasy too but it is already fantasized by someone else and now it just follows the story.
Whereas the Shapeshifter is more dreamy and less defined...I am not sure if I am making sense here :D