Can you read tarot when you take medicines ?

sunstallion

Hi,

I have been battling with a cold for almost a week, taking medicines everyday. I have two request to do two readings (no, I dont do reading for money). I have been putting them off just because my body is not in good shape and am taking medicine everyday. I just wonder if I should go ahead and do the readings anyway ?

My symptoms are sore throat, a little bit of cough, and runny nose, sometimes a little fever, but because I take medicines. That tires me down.

Also, even when I am healthy, but I suffer little chronic headache that no doctor can cure, and I can only take a tablet or two of tylenol everytime my little headache comes up. I wonder even if I take a tablet or two of tylenol, can I still do reading ?

Thanks

coeur

I think it really depends on how you are feeling more so than what stuff is in your system. I certainly refuse to read tarot cards when I am drunk, but I am okay to read if I am on my narcolepsy medication. It's funny because I know that my narcolepsy medication is just legal speed, but I usually feel fine enough to proceed through the reading. It depends on whether or not you feel like you can connect and get into 'the mode' I guess.

Grizabella

If you're sick and running a temperature, you wouldn't want to spread germs to someone else through reading their cards because you're contagious. And certainly I wouldn't think you'd be feeling well enough to give readings, or at least not to do justice to them.

I take 7 prescription medications on a daily basis, all of them necessary. Two of them are considered controlled substances. One of the medications is an anti-seizure medication used to control pain and muscle spasms. One of the controlled substances is used to treat nerve damage and one is a prescription pain medication. One of my medications is a steroid because my nerve damage is from an inflammatory disease I have.

But I still read and I think I read quite well.

I've been sober 22 1/2 years. I'm an alcoholic so I don't drink and try to read. But I know of others who do enjoy having some social drinks when they're reading and it seems to work well for them.

So if you feel well enough to read, then I don't see why you shouldn't read. :)

Coming back to amend this to say "If you don't have a fever, are not contagious, and feel clear-minded enough, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't read." I'm so used to my medications, they don't affect my mental clarity as a rule.

sunstallion

Different medicines put me in different moods. Some makes my heart beat a little faster, like making me nervous. Some makes me excite and energetic. Some makes me depressed.

So, medicines do alter my emotions. I wonder if that affect my analysis or not.

That's why some medicines warn you not to drive or operate machines when you take it.

Out of topic a little bit, I do feel a little energetic and excite after drinking coffee. I think because coffee has sugar and caffein in it.

Esther

Well, like Solitaire* mentioned, you do have the germ concern, where you don't want to pass what you have to someone else, but when it comes to being able to connect with the cards and think intuitively, I think it depends on the person.

Personally, I'm not fully comfortable reading if I don't feel well, because I feel I might have some negative energy surrounding me due to the illness that might mess with my ability to read. But to be honest, that's mostly a theory. I haven't had many chances to test it out.

If you think it would be better to wait, wait. Unless it's urgent, I'd imagine the querent wouldn't mind waiting a couple days, if that's the price of a comfortable, hopefully more accurate, reading.

sunstallion

The people I read for are the people I know. And usually, they tell me the problems, then I read for them without their presence, then I tell them later what I see. I dont read the cards in front of them, not that often.

So, my concern is not germ, but whether will I stay focus and intuively tune in when I am under medicines.

You know medicines like cough medicines, theraflu, tylenol cold. These medicines make you tire and slow your brain down.

MeeWah

I see no reason to not read whence using medicine unless medication affects the equilibrium adversely or causes incoherent thinking.

Over-the-counter drugs for pain or general discomfort should not affect reading capability. Some folks require medicines on a daily basis as part of a health regimen, but need not negatively impact their reading capacity.

Durant Hapke

eating altered states...

Brothers, and Sisters,

When viewing the new -- as when one vacations, or visits a museum -- first impressions tend to be potent, and long lasting. Right on?

From this I would surmise, that anything -- health related, or drug induced -- that might "color" perception, would logically be wise to avoid when exposed to new stimulations and/or cues as the Tarot often demands.

I have to Jack bird believe, it comes down to a personal deal, something akin to trusting your views of the "landscape around you," and being a sharp, and diligent custodian of the receptors that allow you to "see."

Durant "I've looked through many a lens" Hapke

Shade

I say do it - have a prescription strength shamanic experience and see if you gain new insights. But that's just me.

sunstallion

Durant Hapke said:
Brothers, and Sisters,

When viewing the new -- as when one vacations, or visits a museum -- first impressions tend to be potent, and long lasting. Right on?

From this I would surmise, that anything -- health related, or drug induced -- that might "color" perception, would logically be wise to avoid when exposed to new stimulations and/or cues as the Tarot often demands.

I have to Jack bird believe, it comes down to a personal deal, something akin to trusting your views of the "landscape around you," and being a sharp, and diligent custodian of the receptors that allow you to "see."

Durant "I've looked through many a lens" Hapke

I apologize, but I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here. I actually have no clue what you are saying. Please be right straight to your point.