Card-speak

Lion-O

r0sered1ster said:
On several different occasions I have asked my deck to show me which card best represents itself and drew the same card each time (Strength in the Tarot of the Magical Forest ) since I'm still just a beginner I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen?
Not to that extend, no. I can't help being curious: are we talking readings which you did shortly after one other or readings which you did every day or something ?

r0sered1ster

I just asked my question and drew a card. Pretty much the only time I was working with my cards at the time, then a few days later I rephrased the question and asked again, (and again about a week after that) each time I hadn't done any other readings before. Maybe it was just a lark...

Lion-O

Free Spirit said:
I'm sorry I know I sound a bit green,
but what is the proccess for asking a card that best represents your self.
This will probably sound cliche but it really depends on what you feel most comfortable with. When it gets to Tarot its been my experience that there is absolutely no "good" way to do things. Due to its rather surreal nature this isn't about following specific rules and guides which will absolutely direct you to the answers or solution you seek.

Instead this is about doing things in such a way where you feel comfortable with it. After all; it will be yourself doing the reading. So my suggestion here would be to experiment.

Now, I don't feel too comfortable with suggestions since I definitely don't want you to reflect on these as an absolute solution. So please keep that in mind ;) But here's what I'd do:

First spread the cards out and simply close your eyes and go over the cards with your finger until you feel/know/think this to be the card. And naturally see if this really worked out for you.

And when that approach works for you you could easily experiment some more. What I also like doing myself is grabbing a deck, shuffling it, create a stack which I then cut into 3, pick up randomly and just pick up the top card. It really is about what you feel best with..

Good luck!

Lion-O

r0sered1ster said:
I just asked my question and drew a card. Pretty much the only time I was working with my cards at the time, then a few days later I rephrased the question and asked again, (and again about a week after that)
Hmm, I can't quite comment but I do agree that its quite remarkable. Intriguing even, I'd definitely try to work with that particular deck some more to see if you can get more from it.

I have experienced something (vaguely) similar once but absolutely not in this way you describe. When shuffling and going over a (at that time) somewhat new deck it has happened to me on several occasions (also plenty of time between those) that a card would fall of while I basically wondered about a certain aspect about the deck and myself. And that card did indeed manage to capture that thought I was working on.

Granted; not really comparable but still..