Cards Coming To Life...

Jamie_1311

Alright, I'm not trying to sound crazy. Have any of you as you got to know and understand Tarot more and more, when did you experience or realize the cards were coming to life as you were reading them. This has just started to happen to me. It's as if the pictures are still but as I'm reading I can see things start to move, not sure what to truly think about this....

Baroli

Congrats!! Happens to me all the time. I forget exactly what that's called, but you are not losing your mind. Now, keep your left brain shut down (reason and logic) and let your right brain (creativity and neat stuff) open up and pretty soon you will be talking to the cards and they in turn will tell you what's going on and your readings will become more awesome than they already are.

Good for you!! :thumbsup:

BTW: Welcome to AT!!

laker91

great topic!

Mostly in personal readings for myself, I do try to "put myself" in that card: the surroundings, taking the images one step further...what would that card/image do next. I try to "be the card"...be the meaning behind the card. I think of the meaning of the card...and why it is in the position it is in...and try to experience that meaning.

this has really helped me in meditations and understanding the relationship between cards.

Baroli

laker91 said:
great topic!

Mostly in personal readings for myself, I do try to "put myself" in that card: the surroundings, taking the images one step further...what would that card/image do next. I try to "be the card"...be the meaning behind the card. I think of the meaning of the card...and why it is in the position it is in...and try to experience that meaning.

this has really helped me in meditations and understanding the relationship between cards.

Take it one step further and forget the archetype meanings and go with what the card is telling you. Lots of fun and frolic can occur.

nisaba

When you're comfortable with this, try walking through the border-as-corridor and right into the card.

SunChariot

I do that purposely in a Tarot meditation I sometimes do. I use it as an alternative form of reading. The meditation is to see the card getting larger and larger until it is the size of a doorway and to walk through it into the card. Once inside you an see, smell, hear, feel the scene and all that is there. Things move as in a normal scene. Then I just ask talk to the character in the card, ask them questions, let them answer...have a normal conversation...hug them goodbye, the walk back through the card, let it get smaller and smaller..until it is card size again...It actually works very well as a divination technique and is tons of fun.

What you described in your post sounds like a form of clairvoyance.

Babs

Indigo Rose

Jamie_1311 said:
Alright, I'm not trying to sound crazy. Have any of you as you got to know and understand Tarot more and more, when did you experience or realize the cards were coming to life as you were reading them. This has just started to happen to me. It's as if the pictures are still but as I'm reading I can see things start to move, not sure what to truly think about this....

You are in good company here, Jamie. :) Nothing 'crazy' about it. You are unlocking your Intuitive self, and Tarot is the key. If this is something you like, then keep opening yourself to it and more will come. It is an amazing journey. Enjoy! :heart:

DaisyDragonfly

I don't 'see' the cards come to life... but in a connected reading, I hear it. The sounds of the cards become sounds that I hear; I also smell the environment. For example: the Chariot card in Deviant Moon. I heard the creak of the rusted armor, and its grate as it dragged along the cracked ground; I could smell/taste it, too.

But I didn't see it.

Jaqueline

I think there's a chapter on this in the "78 Degrees of Wisdom" book. . .