Cardstock chipping

Holly doll

Hi!!
I've just purchased Witches Tarot by Ellen Dugan & the Steampunk Tarot by Barbara Moore - both are produced by Lllewellyn. The cardstock seems quite flimsy & "chips" easily. Does anyone have the same issue? I love the look & energy of both of these decks - seems a shame they damage so quickly & easily. I may need to commit a major boo boo & laminate both of them as they will be used frequently. I've laminated a deck of oracle cards as an experiment - once they are trimmed they shuffle easily & are protected from nasties like spilled coffee, mould & overenthusiastic shufflers.

Any thoughts...?

AJ

Have you thought about just trimming off the borders?
there are a ton of them here,
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165283
although not Witches

Black borders are required by law to chip or scuff I think.

If you are used to a LoScarabeo sized deck the Llewellyn ones will feel more bendy just because they are bigger.

welcome!

the decks are yours, and not sacred. Do whatever you wish to make them work for you.

Holly doll

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165283
Black borders are required by law to chip or scuff I think.

Thanks AJ!
Must look in the law books for the relevant subsection - I must've been asleep during the class *smile*. I've thought about trimming them; I don't think the Steampunk would "pop" as the colours used seem dark anyways. Laminate it is - for now...

Glass Owl

To remedy chipping, I have gilt the edges of several decks with black. There is a thread here somewhere when I posted pictures and explained the process. I will look for it and post the link if I can find it.

Holly doll

To remedy chipping, I have gilt the edges of several decks with black. There is a thread here somewhere when I posted pictures and explained the process. I will look for it and post the link if I can find it.

Thanks for that Glass Owl! Any help is appreciated!

Holly doll

Wonderful! I've saved the link - thanks again!

tarotbear

If the cardstock chips ...how does trimming the deck make it stop chipping? :confused:

AJ

It is only the black borders that seem to show it.