Carry a card around with you?

SunChariot

Glass Owl said:
I recently bought "The Complete Illustrated Guide To Tarot" by Rachel Pollack. In the section titled "Ways To Work With A Card," she says carrying a tarot card around with you is one way to "...see how you can work with the qualities of a particular card to change yourself and in so doing bring about change in your life." I think it is a very interesting idea that I would like to explore further.

She suggests having the card in a place where you be able to view it often and for you hold it once in awhile throughout the day while focusing on its qualities and what it symbolizes for you. She mentions putting it in your wallet, appointment book, or in your pocket (that's what the picture in the book shows--a girl looking at a tarot card that is sticking out of her pocket).

Many of you have discussed carrying around decks (sometimes several at a time!) so you can use them at any time for a reading but what about just one particular card? Do you think carrying the whole deck is better? I'm thinking that if I carried a card with me I would end damaging it (lots of things in my pockets end up in the wash) or losing it or someone at work (namely one particular coworker) who doesn't approve of Tarot would see it. However, the idea of carrying a card seems appealing to me although I would have a hard time deciding which one. Maybe it would be a good thing to do with a deck that you can't use anymore since it has some damaged or lost cards?

--Glass Owl

First of all, isn't that a great book. I have it too and I love it. I use the meditation from there A LOT. And I love seeing all the pictures of the cards, I got the book when I first started and just loved it.

Maybe I am the exception here, but I don't even carry my decks around. I only read for other over the Net. But yes I have on more than on occasion carried a card or two around with me that I was working on bonding with. I carry in around in my purse, usually neatly tucked in between the pages of its book, to protect it. Never had one damaged in the least from doing it. Then I pull it out at breaks and lunch time and bond. :grin:

Babs

Rosanne

Umbrae said:
Sports card collectors have these protective sleeves. Some with notebook holes in them. They are unbendable, sturdy and clear - and larger than a Tarot Card. Slide yer card in and enjoy it without the fear of damage, all day...
Seroiusly how many times do you go into your purse with time to look at your daily draw? I tried it for years and mostly did not have time to look at the card throughout the busy days. I finally stumbled on filofaxes
(small ringbinder notebookwallets/diarys) with those sleeves in and put the Tarot card in the sleeve on the days date as bookmarker. That worked. Nowdays I put the card on a stand I made, by my bed, look hard at it for a few minutes to memorise best I can; recall it to mind throughout the day, spend a few minutes with it when I get home. I check if I have remembered it accurately, notice new details before I go to sleep.~Rosanne