Cats, do they really like Tarot??

Bhavana

Cats are just plain nosy. No matter if I am playing with my cards, or drawing, or wrapping a present - whatever it might be, my cat will come over, check it out, plop down in the middle of it, and generally make a nuisance of herself.

MissJo

Cats are rather nosy. My Siamese, the gregarious one who prefers the attention to be on him when he's in the room, is always begging for attention when I'm doing stuff. Actually, about the only time he'll patiently wait until I'm done is when I'm reading Tarot, everything else? Tu time.

Reading a book? He'll gladly get in between me and the book.
Trying to draw? He'll try to get as close to me as I'll let him.
On the computer? He'll get in between me and the screen?
Sleeping? NONSENSE, LET ME JUST CLAW YOUR FACE TO WAKE YOU UP SO YOU CAN PAY ATTENTION TO ME. OR EVEN, LET ME SLEEP ON YOUR FACE, STEP ON YOUR THROAT, AND SMOTHER YOU.

(And add a pet rat who nibbles my toes and playfully attacks my face when I'm trying to sleep and you have the story of my life -_-)

Bhavana

Sleeping? NONSENSE, LET ME JUST CLAW YOUR FACE TO WAKE YOU UP SO YOU CAN PAY ATTENTION TO ME. OR EVEN, LET ME SLEEP ON YOUR FACE, STEP ON YOUR THROAT, AND SMOTHER YOU.

haha!! My kitty is slightly more subtle. She just sits somewhere close to my head, with her face so close to mine that i can feel her wet nose right on my own nose, all the while purring very loudly. (cat breath makes it much worse) Extremely hard to annoy this tactic, even when sleeping.

Richard

Our cat couldn't care less, even though she's a huge, beautiful jet black long-haired part Maine Coon named Magick. She's never once paid one bit of attention to Tarot.
Maine Coons are rather independent because they are so intelligent. They are beautiful cats, but I don't think I could afford to feed one. :)

Gracie2k

my cat scent marks new decks impossible to stop her. If they are in a bag or not she wants them, eyes go like saucers, tail goes up o_O. I try to keep them in a bag, the cards not the cat that would be very wrong!
She also likes picking cards with her paw, she accurately told me that a guy didnt fancy me when I tried with an oracle deck. She chose the NO! card I went ha-ha funny dont be silly he thinks I'm rockin hot. He'll ask me out, went to see how he felt all smiles was I --(is that correct or Yoda speaking?
anyway he said I wish to be with you as a friend, for you to teach me mystical things. That Darn Cat! He doesn't fancy me, he wants a tutor. I asked for pen paper said let me do you a favor. Wrote him some details and email. I wonder if he twigged it was to join up here.:p

how mystic cats work below

funny-captions-basement-cat-the-occult.jpg

Gracie2k

but I believe no jibes no jokes. I believe animals know things such as my cat saved my life. I do believe in familiars.

tarotbear

(No longer in this incarnation) Moishe, our one-eyed cat used to lie across my shoulders like a kolinsky; he was not interested in what I was doing, only that I should hold his tail when I got up and walked around to help him stay in balance!

Yes~! I DID have hair, once upon a time!

Attachments

• 1988 John and Moishe 02.jpg
    1988 John and Moishe 02.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 85

Bhavana

(No longer in this incarnation) Moishe, our one-eyed cat used to lie across my shoulders like a kolinsky; he was not interested in what I was doing, only that I should hold his tail when I got up and walked around to help him stay in balance!

Yes~! I DID have hair, once upon a time!

great photo!! You look just as good without hair.... I never, with all the cats we have had in our lifetime, had a cat that did this beyond kittenhood. Too cute.

Morwenna

I LOVE Simon's Cat! :D

Tarotbear, that was one handsome head of hair! Oh well, we all get older, if we're lucky... Our younger cat still does that sometimes; he did it all the time when he was younger. Sometimes he still climbs up our torsos (from the floor), but only stays a few seconds and then jumps down.

It's the older one who used to sit in the middle of whatever I was doing: reading, doing puzzles, reading Tarot... "Why are you playing with that funny stuff when you could be petting ME?" The younger one, though, was a chomper; I never let a card in his sight until he got over that phase! :bugeyed: You should see what he did to other paper objects!

Nowadays they pretty much ignore my stuff. (Though the other day I found the older one lying peacefully on top of the bag containing a bunch of decks, all helter-skelter with corners sticking up...)