Celtic Messages by Joules Taylor

divinest

I wouldn't really know about how celtic it is, to be honest, I was given it, because the girl felt that it was a pack which would suit me. I also don't know much about Celtic beliefs and systems, and am more interested in Native American beliefs. Then again, I'm very new to this, and don't know much about anything. I'm getting there though. :)

What's CR though?

afrosaxon

Context is key!

I've been working with the CM cards and one thing I've noticed is that context is key when doing readings.

For example (and I don't have my cards with me right now), there are about 3 or 4 cards that mean "fertility" in this deck (Mistletoe and Maypole immediately come to mind) but if you read the book, the Mistletoe card is actually a health indicator card, whereas the Maypole is more about new beginnings and life paths--not necessarily pregnancy, per se.

One thing I have to get used to is the "no negative" cards in this deck. It makes my intuition work harder if I have to discern something that isn't positive in a reading; I have to go by my feeling when looking at the cards (e.g., "this just doesn't feel right, this card here) LOL

I've also found that I get flashes and relate some of the cards to Tarot archetypes. For example, the Solar Wheel is--duh--The Sun, and woman in the chariot (with flying red hair--indicates difficulties through which one must persevere) reminds me of the Queen of Wands. Sulis could easily be the Queen of Swords.

Just my $.02.

T.

Barbaras Ahajusts

I was given a birthday reading by a very special lady. (Hello AS!) :D:D:D

Now I am on a hunt to find the cards! I have seen the Horse, The Tree & The Field. I need the rest of the pictures of the spread that AS did for me!

The Crone, The Wildwood, The Morrigan, Blodeuwedd, The Hound, The Spring.

Anyone want to put out for me? ;)

Thanks for any help with my request!!!

Barbara

SkadisPhoenix

I wanted to say that this deck is easily a favourite of mine. Though, from reading this thread, is there any way of getting hold of the bag and mandala book, as my copy doesn't have them and I'd love a copy of them. :)

The cards really speak to me, and I find the messages just come to me, no matter how I'm feeling.

AJ

I have this deck and am going to use it all next week, I'm wondering if all the cards are on-line somewhere?
Thanks.

americle

borders/blog

Hi -- I've been looking at this deck and considering it. The artwork is gorgeous. I wanted to post a link to the Tarot Dame's blog, where she reviews & uses this deck. She chose to trim off the borders, and I love the look of them that way. Gorgeous!

http://tarotdame.blogspot.com/search/label/Deck: Celtic Messages

Cheers, Tamara

witchychris

I picked up a copy of this deck yesterday. I have fancied a round deck for a while but couldn't find one that I really liked, then this one jumped out at me (not litterally) in the shop. The artwork is just so beautiful. I also have the Good Witch Bad Witch cards so I suppose it is no surprise that these appealled to me since they are both by the same artist.
I have only used them a little bit so far but my initial impressions are really good. I found myself reading intuitively with them straight away (which as a novice is a pleasant surprise as I often find myself needing to check a book at some point with my tarot decks). In fact I had done 2 spreads before even realising that I had left the book in the box.
Like SkadisPhoenix mine didn't come with the bag and mandala book. Mine is published by Cico Books so are there 2 versions around?
I can see this deck getting a lot of use.

witchychris

I've been using this deck for daily draws all week now. I have to say I love it even more now than when I first got it. It is so easy to read and amazingly accurate too.

Gypsy Wolfwoman

This was my first oracle deck and I fell in love at first sight - and it's very insightful, especially about family and outside influence matters. One of my very favorite decks, love the round cards, too.

IheartTarot

The Book of Celtic Symbols by Joules Taylor

In case anyone has this deck and would like more detail than is in the 64 page companion book, by chance I came across this separate book by the same author. It contains pictures from the CM deck (without borders and keywords) plus other pictures. It is an inexpensive gentle introduction to Celtic archetypes and mythology with lovely artwork. It would make a nice gift book.

Product Details:

The Book of Celtic Symbols: Symbols, Stories & Blessings for Everyday Living by Joules Taylor
Hardcover: 160 pages
Publisher: Cico (September 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1906094195
ISBN-13: 978-1906094195