Celtic Shaman's Pack

Lewen

I have this set and the reprint without Chesca Potter's work in it.
The Celtic Shaman's Pack works quite well with my Greenwood, I was fortunate to be gifted with this deck for Christmas from my fiance'.

I like it, and hope to use it in time for meditation and pathworking.

Aerin

Lewen said:
The Celtic Shaman's Pack works quite well with my Greenwood, I was fortunate to be gifted with this deck for Christmas from my fiance'.

I'm hoping that I will be able to use it with my Greenwood as well.

The cards are very reminiscent of the Greenwood, from what I've been able to gather online.

The set is due to be posted today, so here's hoping the Post Office are kind.

Aerin

oak_woman

Thought I'd add that I also have this deck and the cards do have a real energy about them. I haven't done traditional 'readings' with them, but I do think they could work that way, especially if the different types of card (colour coded) - deities, guides, totem animals, and so on - were separated and shuffled separately to deal with appropriate areas of the question. If I try this I'll post how it goes!

I try to stick to a routine where I pick a deck to work with for the whole of a 'Moon' from new moon to new moon. I've only worked with the Celtic Shaman's Pack for one Moon so far, but during that time I drew two of the cards each day and meditated on how their energies might relate to each other.

By the way, in another thread I mentioned that I know someone who knows Chesca personally and she is very deeply into Christianity and has no wish to acknowledge her connection with the 'pagan' themes of either the Greenwood or Celtic Shaman's Pack. So, no reprint, I think!

Aerin

oak_woman said:
By the way, in another thread I mentioned that I know someone who knows Chesca personally and she is very deeply into Christianity and has no wish to acknowledge her connection with the 'pagan' themes of either the Greenwood or Celtic Shaman's Pack. So, no reprint, I think!

I'm hoping that she doesn't take her website down, because it has some of the Celtic Shaman cards and all of the Greenwood cards on it. As well as the Handbook for the Greenwood.

I'm quite surprised that she hasn't continued to paint, but with Christian based imagery. Maybe she has, but I can't find anything on the net. Unless she has changed the name she publishes under.

Aerin

oak_woman

I don't have any info, but on reflection I think it's quite likely that she paints under a different name if she's so embarrassed by her previous output.

ilweran

Aerin said:
I'm hoping that she doesn't take her website down, because it has some of the Celtic Shaman cards and all of the Greenwood cards on it. As well as the Handbook for the Greenwood.

I'm surprised that she hasn't and have come to the opinion that she stopped paying for the hosting of the website and assumed it would disappear but that for whatever reason the company doing the hosting has left it there - they still have a link to it from their website. Either they're big fans of her work or they think it's a good example of their website design!

I sincerely hope she hasn't given up painting, she's very talented and it would be a shame if a change in religion made her turn her back on it entirely.

Aerin

Lewen said:
I have this set and the reprint without Chesca Potter's work in it.

I now have both sets too. I love the way the new set is packaged, and the full colour book is great. I prefer Chesca potter's artwork: it has so much more power.

I feel very fortunate to have *both* sets.

Aerin

WolfSpirit

ilweran said:
I sincerely hope she hasn't given up painting, she's very talented and it would be a shame if a change in religion made her turn her back on it entirely.

So true - it would be interesting to see how she paints now that she has found another religion. I hope she finds in Christianity what she's been looking for but it is such a pity that she cannot find a way to incorporate her former pagan beliefs in some way. But if she chose a strict type of Christianity, I guess that would be impossible.

I saved the online handbook on the harddisk of my laptop just by making test blocks and copying it to Word, but I am sure there are other ways as well.

ilweran

WolfSpirit said:
I saved the online handbook on the harddisk of my laptop just by making test blocks and copying it to Word, but I am sure there are other ways as well.

I've saved the pages and I'm also making a reasonably nicely laid out version on a desk-top publisher for printing, with the little pictures in as well.

As I can't afford a back-up copy of the Greenwood I've made a mini version using scans so I can use it and take it out & about without worry. I'm wondering if I could do the same with the Celtic Shaman's pack so I could use it with the Greenwood and it would match the size, be portable, easy to replace damaged cards etc. I seem to need projects at the moment - I asked the Greenwood about that and got 3 of Stones - 'Creativity'.

(I also asked how it felt about me making a copy of it to use - got the 5 of Cups - 'Ecstasy')

6 Haunted Days

I was at my local used bookstore today and saw this set, it was only $10 and I didn't look closely at it before I bought it. But when I read the back and saw the artwork later on, I was very pleased to see the Greenwood artist drew these cards!

I've been reading the book, a great quickie overview, and the cards are stunning and very profound. This is a fantastic set!! Got a great deal.

I've looked too see what the new images on the reprint (how can you call it a reprint when it uses completely different images?! It's not) look like. But I couldn't find it.

Did Matthews have to use another artist because Chesca Potter refused permission for a reprint? That's quite sad. I just can't comprehend how you can go back to being an xtian and one of those strict ones after you've been so heavily involved in paganism.....