charging for your psychic gift

bigcaat

sunshineluvr said:
This may be totally in the wrong spot but I wanted to ask people here what you think is a decent wage to charge if your doing a tarot, oracle, or any other divination method for a reading.

I suppose i'm a lil miffed because I have a firm belief that if your truly gifted in any of these areas the main effort should be to share and help other people, not make exorbadent amounts of money. But again since im so new to the whole money aspect of this maybe i'm not knowledgable enough about it to have an impartial viewpoint. Also if you charge to much then how can you possibly expect to have aloyal, trusting following that will produce a stable job front for you?

can i ask for any viewpoints here on this please, like how long your reading is,or how many cards,what do you charge, do you have to have a license? etc. thanks up front and bright blessings xx
As other people have said, there are a lot of "gifted" people in the world. Musicians are gifted, and provide a gift to others, they charge when they get good enough do, as do counselors and doctors and sculptors and pretty much any profession you can think of.

Perhaps you should devise a spread for yourself that looks at how you feel about money.

As for your question, as I'm building my website to go pro, I'm going to go with around $5.00/card. 3-4 card spread: $15, 5-6 card spread: $30, Celtic Cross: $50. Other people have said $1.00/min. If you look at it, it probably comes out close to the same. 3-4 cards: 15 minutes, and so forth.

You took the time and energy to learn. It is a gift but it's also a skill you've worked hard for. There's no harm in being compensated for that if people think you're good enough to pay for.

Good luck with it.
Caat

Guiding Cauldron

ty again

still great advice coming ty all for takeing the time. It has helped a lot.

Grizabella

You have to remember that a lot of the readers you saw at that fair might be people with a real demand for their services. They charge more because they can't cover everyone who wants a reading from them. Therefore, raising their prices up to something exorbitant cuts down on the number of people who can/will pay for their readings. They're the ones who need to be concerned about insurance and all that jazz.

We, on the other hand, who are beginners, shouldn't think we should charge big bucks like they do because we're just starting out. It would be silly and pretentious. We also probably don't have a great need for things like insurance and a tax man. We shouldn't try to be Madame Muchado Aboutnada.

I do see exactly what you're saying about people who charge so much for their gift. But that's them and we're us and it's perfectly alright to do what we want to do and feel is right, too. It's like a mom and pop produce stand----later on they can become a big chain store if they want to, but you have to start somewhere, you know? And if they don't want to become a big chain store, that's alright, too.

Guiding Cauldron

solitare

:) i love your posts ty very much dear, i agree with what you said. blessings xx