christmas goodies exchange

floracove

I do believe that it has alot to do with the P.O. And the bulk they are having to deal with.
I had wanted to mail mine sooner, but life got really busy there for awhile really quick, which suprised me.

When I went to mail mine, the package should have gotten there in 4 days time, but it did take longer.

Understandable to me, since I work in fields that deal with public service, and know how it can become overwhelming.

Overwhelming with duties, and with dealing with people who aren't the one's doing the work, they can only do the shopping, and waiting part, and the waiting part can cause nerves to become a bit frazzled.

Give it a couple more weeks before you begin to get aggravated in waiting.

I know it's hard, but by that time the P.O. should have all their ducks back in their own rows.

Kimberly

I have just received my parcel today, and LOVE it! Thank you, yet again, to sprite! :)

Hope everyone has a nice day :D

Emeraldgirl

My parcel and the person receiving it seem to have both gone AWOL. No sign of either :( Hope everything is ok and they are just on holidays or something and that's nothing's been lost.

Kahlie

I wonder if anybody else was still waiting for a package?
There is no sign of mine... and since it's almost begin Feb. (tomorrow) I think I kind of have given up hope...

Kahlie

Edited to add: My partner, Naudia, said she would send it sometime soon. That was stated at the 25th of December... I haven't had any updates since, on if it was posted or not. I assumed it was posted that week, so now that I have waited 5 weeks, I considered it lost...

Eco74

Might be time for another roundup of "what's the status on your end?" for those whose packages have not yet arrived at their destinations..

Better to know than to be forgotten. :(

I know the one I sent has arrived and that the one I was to get got to me aswell so personally I have no complaints.
Except possibly for the lack of info from those who have unaccounted packages.. Telling the intended recipient about what the status is should always be a part of any form of trade.

rash212

Well, Kahlie just like you even I havent recieved my parcel, it was suppose to come from Demon Goddess, I did PM her and no response since 3 weeks!!! And surely she hasnt posted it as yet!!

I just wonder if people arent fully committed, why do they participate????!!!!

floracove

My swap partener, let me know who she was, and the problem, she was facing, we talk back and forth, and I am glad to have a partener who is so kind, as to let me know these things.

i'm in no hurry, and know that when she's able, the package will be on it's way.

Now, that's a good partener!

Ya'll get to talking and let each other know what's going on.
it's good sportsmanship, and it helps each of us.

Eco74

Rash212, sorry to see that you have so little info.
In the user info it seems Demon Goddess has not been logged in to AT for three weeks, so it's possible that she has not seen your PM.
Maybe you could try sending an email through the form here on AT and see if she replies through that..
(Choose to send an email to her from a post or from her profile and fill in the fields, it will then reach the email address she registered with.)

Floracoves experience on the other hand is a perfect example of how (in my opinion) delays should be handled..
Waiting is usually fine as long as one is kept informed about what's going on and why. Communication is important - as always..

floracove

also keep in mind that using pc's sometimes we run into problems, that we aren't able to get around until we're able to.
When Katrina was on her way here from the Gulf, we lost power, and telephone.
So, naturally those on the net worried until we were able to get power, and telephone to let them know we were alright.

It may be that some have not the ability to get online from their usual spot.
That's why having computer's in Libraries is a good idea, in a pinch...(if they have power & telephone services.)
{though, some people may not even think of it, or have transportation to and fro.}

Hopefully, all will be settled soon.

LadyofDreams

I also haven't recieved anything

My partner was Valerieb66, I know she was from Dubai and so it may take a while. I have pm'ed her, but her profile says she hasn't been around here for a while, so she won't have recieved it. She also said she had sent it somewhere back in this thread, so I guess it is lost somewhere now