Christmas! What Decks Are You Holding Out For?

FaireMaiden

Le Fanu said:
Yikes, do you really think about Christmas so early in the U.S ? :)

To tell the truth, I don´t hold out for any decks. Nobody could possibly choose well for me, or know what Ive got! But I will be able to have a binge with money and choose my own.

Can´t think of anything I want right now apart from some Meneghello decks though...
Oh, aye... we've already got some stores here with Christmas decorations up and products for sale!

I wouldn't normally be thinking about Christmas so early, but the economy is bad, bad, bad over here. I thought I'd get a jump on the holiday since we're having to tighten our belts so drastically. I've got most of my shopping done already (taking advantage of the plethora of sales going on). Retail stores are gonna be hit hard this holiday season, hence the sales everywhere.

I wasn't referring to holding-out as being a gift from someone else. I was referring to it as a gift to oneself, *s*

BodhiSeed

FaireMaiden said:
I wouldn't normally be thinking about Christmas so early, but the economy is bad, bad, bad over here. I thought I'd get a jump on the holiday since we're having to tighten our belts so drastically.
I'm doing the same thing FaireMaiden; I've been trying to buy a few presents (and decks!) for friends and family this month, trying to spread out my expenses!

diane drizzy

Illuminated Tarot is on my list.

crystal09

tarot of dreams and the legacy tarot are on my list to santa!

MysticalMoose

Show Me Da Money!!!

Well.. mainly the Steele Wizard.....probably the VR & BBCats & possibly the T'oDreams & anything else that catches my fancy in the meantime })

MM :heart:

Silverlotus

I gave up and bought the deck I wanted most recently. And I might buy another one I want, the Lover's Path, with a gift card I'm expecting soon (yay, Air Miles).

What I really want is The Process by That Guy Dan, from Tarot Connection. The chances of my husband buying it for me: 0. :(

peridot

Well, I may not hold out that long... I really really like the Deviant Moon Tarot. It's not like me to gravitate towards a deck like this. I'm usually attracted to pretty, upbeat, unprovoking decks. I go for something with bright, cheery colors and imagery - Certainly anything with images of a bug of anykind would be OUT. This deck is a bit disturbing to me and makes me feel uneasy but I love it! It's so beautiful in a dark kind of way. I gotta admit I'm a little afraid of it but at the same time I think it would be a good deck for me to get to know. thinkin.... wantin....needin... :)

jeseryn

I really want the Paulina tarot but I'm worried. It's really pretty intricate artwork and I think her publisher is the one that slaps giant clunky, fake stucco or marble backgrounds around it that competes and obscures the artwork.

I am really really hoping for just a plain white border.

VGimlet

Decks on my christmas and birthday list

Abyssal Tarot
Tattoo Tarot (the one by tattoo artists, not the LS)
Salt Doll tarot
Anything else on my expensive/hard to find/etc. list. which are mostly Folchi decks or decks DH would not run across in a thousand years - but I never say never. :p

Decks I will not wait for
Illuminated
See of Logos (if it's out by then)

I might ask for the Process by that Dan guy, but I might just get it earlier. I am bad at waiting.

I quit buying anything except pre-order decks after October 31, until January.

I tend to start trying to find gifts starting now, so I have time to find cool stuff for people instead of...so-so stuff..and DH does the same. Although we are cutting back this year for family I think.