Ciro Marchetti Decks - questions for owners

Wendywu

I really don't care for borders so I favour Legacy of the Divine because the borders don't feel very border-y. They feel like a natural progression outward from the center of the card. I really like that black border because of its soft edges - it's what I found interesting in the deck from the first time I saw it.

With ornate borders my first impulse is to think about how I can get rid of the damn things, and if I can't, chances are I'm not gonna get the deck. I really wish I loved borders.

Healing Spirit

Now this is weird:

It feels to me, in my hand, as if the Gilded cards are thicker than the Dream ones. But when I stack them up, after taking out the Palace cards, the Dream stack is thicker!

Must get my hands checked for ...

Miss Divine

I can't comment about the Tarot of Dreams because I don't have it.
I do have the Legacy though. I used to have the Gilded but I let a friend have it because it's such a wonderful learning deck I think.

I think of the Legacy as more sophisticated artwise, I find the Gilded warmer.
I love the animals in the Gilded!

At the moment I am using the Legacy exclusively, and I think it's a great deck to read with. However, the Gilded felt more comfortable.
I think it's because it feels colder/darker than the Gilded. But I love it either way.

MoonGypsy

Sheesh! :laugh: i totally forgot i traded my MM Legacy Set! i need to replace it!!!!

Fool of Dreams

cirom said:
Replacement card on its way.....

Thank you, Ciro. You're the best!

=P

danny.mac85

I have the gilded and the legacy both, my favorite is the legacy. I really love that deck! So beautiful and dreamy with bright popping colors. You have wonderful talent Ciro!
I do have one question, is the quality of print different between the gilded from the Easy tarot reader set and the other version? My Easy tarot set seems to be unfocused or maybe blurry looking.
While there are alot of cards I really like in the gilded, I am just not as much a fan of the jewel tone colors. I don't know what the difference in coloring is between the gd and lotd, but thats probably the main reason why I love the legacy. Maybe none of that made any sense but never the less they both show great talent.

Cheers,

Danielle*****

Amary

I have had the Gilded three times, and each time I've given it away. It just doesn't click with me. I also have the Legacy, and while I've bought it as gifts, I've held on to it and use it regularly. Ciro's art has improved so much, as has his knowledge of tarot, and Legacy is, in my opinion, a far more intuitive and beautiful deck.

strings of life

[thread stress about which one to bump]

I didn't want to start a new thread. I think it's funny when people do that ;).

A funny think happened. See, my mother gave me her Hoi Polloi 2 years ago when she learned that I became interested in Tarot. It's well-worn, it's edges look rough and it has a few bent cards. It's lovely! But then she told me that she bought the Legacy of Divine Tarot at a chain bookstore. She said that she fell in love with the images after doing research online. I wasn't drawn to it, but decided to give it a chance for mom's sake, but quickly traded it away. It left me cold and it further tainted my opinions about digital artwork. And I work in online and publishing!

Last week I traded for the Gilded Tarot to gift to my mom (The Easy Tarot set), but she is set with her Legacy. So that meant I was stuck with the Gilded, or so I thought. I was going to trade it, but a funny thing happened. I spent the past few nights looking at it just before bed, and found that I didn't hate it, but liked it enough to give it a chance. I'm not in love, but I can see the appeal. Sure, it's not laden with occult symbolism, but it looks extremely easy to read and fun to read! The imagery is clear, it has brilliant colors, and when you look at the time it was made, you really realize how much Ciro was pushing the curve design-wise. Things I like: it has beautiful backs, the 2 of Swords with the mystical blue tones, Strength, the mechanical Sun card, Judgement (2 cards which are normally "meh" for me), and many more.

I may be doing public readings this summer so this will be the perfect deck to tote along as part of my selection (along with the Morgan-Greer, Hoi Polloi and Housewives).

The point here? I've given Ciro's decks a second chance due to the Gilded. I'm fairly certain that it won't become a favorite, but it will become a usable staple. I'll also seek out the Tarot of Dreams. I never really looked at it before, but it looks mysterious. If I like it, I'm trimming it ;).

Cassandra022

welcome to the dark side, aura *cackles*

also, if you ever do get around to getting and trimming dreams, please post! its the one deck of Ciro's I've never owned, and ultimately that comes down to the borders *really* putting me off...

HuskyChariot

Interesting aurarcana... I only have the Tarot of Dreams:love: (SE and MM) because, while I think the LotD looks beautiful, it seems to leave me cold... and I assumed that it would somehow be difficult to go 'back' to the Guilded.

But after reading your post I am thinking I may have to give Guilded a try...

As a side note, Tarot of Dreams is my learning and 'go to' deck, my first love, the first one I wanted after pouring over countless images on this site and others and I believe it is .... beyond words :D