Collector's thoughts

magpie9

Glitterbird said:
Maybe if you didn't count them and attach a number to it, you could never have too many. You would always have just enough. Thats my plan (I'm an addict you see)
Perfect! That's what I do :D

rachelcat

Le Fanu said:
Oh not that old rites de passage... })

I bet there isn't a tarot collector out there who hasn't had the idea that they'll stop at 78. I think I had it once for 10 minutes when I noticed I had 76 or 77...

Now I'm on the 365 target. Much more practical. Then I'll need to buy "just one more" deck ready for leap years...

Me, too! Minites ago I hit 287! So I've got a ways to go for 365. Just the way I like it!

Oh OH! I just did the math! Get this--I have 78 to go! Spooky . . .

nisaba

Alta said:
Do you have the job? If not, three to five months afterwards would be my guess.
<laughter> No, and I'll revisit this post later - possibly to eat crow. (Sorry, Jackdaw).

WyrdRaven

My goal has been to keep it under 100. After I listed them all on my profile I realized that I'd overshot the limit. How in the world did that happen? Now I have to reassess my reality. OK-- no more than 200, and I really mean it this time!

emmsma

I've recently exceeded the 100 mark. Think I will stop at my weight. Not saying! :p

This should give me plenty of shopping room :), as well as keeping me from the self torture of dieting. Teehee.

nisaba

emmsma said:
I've recently exceeded the 100 mark. Think I will stop at my weight. Not saying! :p
first in kilos, then in pounds. Then, further down the line, in ounces.

Dare I say ... carats?

nisaba

There are some things shouldn't be spoken out loud.

nisaba said:
Le Fanu, my 78-thought will last longer than ten minutes.

Because I have no disposable income at the moment.
Oh, no - another deck just appeared as a present, and I scored three just the other week! I'm up to 77! What to do, what to do ...

<panics>

<calms down again>

<goes off and plays with new deck>

canid

nisaba said:
You are a bird of a very respectable feather, then!

<wince>

I felt a flash of actual pain at the thought of parting with decks I love but don't use for one reason or another!

How about putting the extras in a bank vault or something, willed to moi of course. Teasing. I know I'll never own a GJ. Kinda out of sight, out of mind?

faunabay

Alta said:
Maybe I could gently point you in the direction of some other threads about being sorry you got rid of decks? I know that I have only gotten rid of a handful over the years and to greater or lesser degree regret them all. I figure as long as I have room to store them and spare money, I'll let whoever handle it when I check out.
I'm one of those people who started a thread, quite a while ago, talking about regreting and repurchasing quite a few decks! Decks that I had purged because I wanted to keep my decks to ones "I only used to read with" or......"I'm only keeping my collection to (fill in a number)"....... :rolleyes:

Now I'm keeping the ones I want to keep....for whatever reason....and only letting go of the ones I truely don't connect with on any level. Truthfully I'm much happier now that I've put any guidelines on myself, other than I want to keep it! LOL

I never did think of the 78 deck limit though!!! :D I'm slow like that sometimes! :p

thinbuddha

So..... which deck is the fool?