could this spread be speaking about homosexuality?

Kether__

Could, the Emperor and High Priestess cards laying as opposed cards(favourable and disfavouravle aspects)mean a hidden homo or bisexuality, regarding a very neurotic person?

Grizabella

I wouldn't read them that way.

For one thing, if their homosexuality or bisexuality is "hidden" by them, then it's none of my business or anyone else's that they don't choose to share it with, and certainly not someone trying to discern it through the cards. As a reader, I wouldn't even go there. :)

Demeter

Kether - I agree with Lyric - I just posted a similar reply on a thread about Homosexual Card.

If the two cards are opposite and you mention it relates to a neurotic person, I would read it to mean that they struggle with keeping both sides of their personality on even ground and staying balanced emotionally and mentally (High Priestess) and dealing with the material world (Emperor).

Sulis

I wouldn't read them that way either.

I think that you're on very dodgy ethical grounds with this one - if you want to know whether or not someone is gay then I think that the best course of action is to ask them. If they tell you to mind your own business, then I think that that is what you should do.

Kether__

Sulis said:
I wouldn't read them that way either.

I think that you're on very dodgy ethical grounds with this one - if you want to know whether or not someone is gay then I think that the best course of action is to ask them. If they tell you to mind your own business, then I think that that is what you should do.

The issue of hidden homosexuality is not just out of curiosity, not for fun.

I remember a neurotic person who was very obssesive,he was in great conflict with himself. Then the above mentioned spread was drawn and I understood that the origin of his obsssions was the fact he was gay or by but could´t recognize it. I didn´t tell it to him in that way but I knew the problem was that.

firecatpickles

It is possible that his neuroticism is related to the fact that he himself doesn't realize or understand his full sexual potential i.e. sexuality. Sexuality is so diverse that it is virtually impossible to pigeon hole someone (or something for that matter) into being this, that, or the other. If the person is truly neurotic or has any other pathology, then his sexuality is the least of his own concerns, let alone mine, as a reader.

Perhaps the tarot should be used to delve deeper into real problems or issues, neither of which concern a person's orientation.
K:spade:K

Skysteel

kilts_knave said:
If the person is truly neurotic or has any other pathology, then his sexuality is the least of his own concerns, let alone mine, as a reader.

Even if the pathology is caused by a reaction to his sexuality?

firecatpickles

Is any pathology caused by a reaction to one's sexuality? Something to think about... But, I don't know because I am not a psychologist.

I do know, however, that "patho-" means "disease." And I am not aware that hetero, bi-, trans-, or homosexuality is contributor to a disease.

If the cards say that a pathology or disease is a reaction to one's sexuality, then all the better the argument for not using the cards as such, and to direct the individual to the proper care of a professional.

KK

Skysteel

kilts_knave said:
Is any pathology caused by a reaction to one's sexuality?

Neurotic obsessions can be about pretty much anything; to the extent that neurotic obsessions are pathological.

kilts_knave said:
If the cards say that a disease is a reaction to one's sexuality, then all the better the argument for not using the cards as such.

Ignorance is bliss.

firecatpickles

The original question was this:

Kether__ said:
Could, the Emperor and High Priestess cards laying as opposed cards (favourable and disfavouravle aspects) mean a hidden homo or bisexuality, regarding a very neurotic person?